• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 29th-30th ARCC Slam Dunk Winter Weather Threat

00Z CMC
KvL2bCp.gif

8mEiI80.gif

The arctic is crashing down into the northern plains right after the storm. It might have less moderation with much of the US coated in some snow at that point.

Here are the totals. You can probably bump them up a little bit due to the higher snow ratio.
So like 2 inches could be 3 inches in a 15:1 ratio.

This maps uses a 10:1 ratio. 9637586D-43F8-40FD-B814-50247C33BB4C.png

CMC really tries to develop a separate wave of LP, still brings decent overrunning for us east of the apps

Is that a wave developing on the back end?
Yes and if you look close at icon it does same. Icon has a 1012 sitting in esstern gom. And 1010 atlantic side . Just gets picked up as front approaches. Helps enc

Is that a wave developing on the back end?
Yes, I believe so. It kinda gives me January 28, 2014 vibes. If one does end up developing I wouldn't be surprised to see it come in more robust further NW with the precip. That's the one department we haven't been lacking in this winter.

Here are the totals. You can probably bump them up a little bit due to the higher snow ratio.
So like 2 inches could be 3 inches in a 15:1 ratio.

This maps uses a 10:1 ratio. View attachment 12896
And gfs doesn't count for ice on the map right? Because you can see ice further south you would think totals would be up little more further south

Back