• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry January 29th-30th ARCC Slam Dunk Winter Weather Threat

If it does snow a little it won’t be going anywhere fast . Gfs keeps some communities in northern Alabama near or below freezing for almost 72 hours shades of 2014

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't forget Super Clipper from a year or so back that dropped several inches on.... wait that never happened after all.

FV3 is a much better hit for NC/SC vs last night this time. Maps will come soon, but for the Midlands/Large half of NC, 2 inches + TN with some sweet 6+ small spots and Northern AL around 1-2 inches or so. Georgia.. seems to dry out a bit.. but still some 0.5-1 inchers around.

Not the best quality maps on my end.

if I’m not mistaken with that super clipper last year on Jan 17, models lacked in moisture for us sc/nc folks then as it got closer qpf really started trending up, not saying that this will happen but just putting this out there

Yep, just like sd said based off my untrained eyes, and just like the cmc, the wave had time to re-amplify past the apps

Want to see if more gefs members have more re-amplification of that wave past the mountains, should be an interesting run tonight

Looks like the redevelopment after the arctic frontal passage is caused by this low out in the Atlantic several hundred miles east of Florida. It’s not forming in the gulf. Nothing much going on here really tbh
8F04321D-F13D-4EA4-9F5C-1CEC0CCB2064.png

Not sure quite yet. If there's a low, likely not much to it. I think it's going to follow the Canadian idea, but I'm waiting for decent maps.
By the accumulation map, certainly looks that way. Guess we will see shortly

GEFS is mildly interesting...a couple ensembles seem to try for redevelopment but I'm not going off the energy maps (I've tried to find them on COD but can't).

Back