• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2021 - Joyless January

Looks like another upper level low energy for us.. except this time we are in a better time of year where we won’t need as much as we did earlier in December .. it’ll be easier to get some good snow under the cold pocket whoever gets it... we all know how upper level lows work here... under modeled and usually over preforms ??‍♂️

Certainly getting close, a few more trends and we may have a decent storm on our hands.
This is getting much closer than I thought it would be, even still, my expectations with this system is very low, but the EPS showing it decently is a bit intriguing, and it’s getting better

As the SSWE’s circulation temp anomalies propagate downward into the troposphere by later in the 2nd week of January, we will see cross polar flow begin to develop and dump colder air into N America.
The ridge building north of Alaska in the arctic circle will be our conduit that starts to send Siberian air into N America by the 3rd week of the month, hence why I think that period and slightly beyond holds the most promise for snow in the southern us.
Any storms before the 3rd-4th week of January is probably gonna be gravy imo

1609587551753.png

Back