• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2021 - Joyless January

To show what @Webberweather53 fully expected would occur with the then much weaker GEFS as regards the SSW, check this out:

GEFS Run from 5 day ago for 6Z on 1/4/21:

1609535986692.png

Now look at today's 12Z GEFS for 1/4/21 at 6Z:

1609536039411.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now what about the EPS? Unlike the wildly changed GEFS, steady as a rock with hardly any change vs the run from 5 days ago thus showing how much better a model it is for SSWs!!

EPS from 5 days ago for 6Z on 1/4/21:

1609536127487.png

Brand new EPS for 1/4/21 at 6Z: I can't see any change!!

1609536235466.png

To show what @Webberweather53 fully expected would occur with the then much weaker GEFS as regards the SSW, check this out:

GEFS Run from 5 day ago for 6Z on 1/4/21:

View attachment 61601

Now look at today's 12Z GEFS for 1/4/21 at 6Z:

View attachment 61602

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now what about the EPS? Unlike the wildly changed GEFS, steady as a rock with hardly any change vs the run from 5 days ago thus showing how much better a model it is for SSWs!!

EPS from 5 days ago for 6Z on 1/4/21:

View attachment 61603

Brand new EPS for 1/4/21 at 6Z: I can't see any change!!

View attachment 61604
New one (EPS) looks even a little bit better ?

At this lead I'm just looking to see if the # of hits increase run over run versus decreases or increases in the mean itself. I'd much rather have 70% of members showing 1-2 than 4% showing 25+ though the mean would be similar

True. I seem to find they go hand in hand though. If there's several hits, the average will nicely increase. If there's only one or two it's usually a paltry average. But I agree in principle, the more hits is key. My argument would be the average shows that nicely. Tomato TomAto. lol.

I would expect at least the foothills/mountains to see something out of this day 7-12 pattern.

View attachment 61621
Look at how the flow changes over western Canada through the progression. If we get a bit more help just north of that, we'd be in business before too long.

^^Yeah, the 18z GFS is coming considerably colder after day 7 for central and eastern US folks.

Definitely colder but (per the GFS) really boring after next weeks mountain snow with really not a whole lot happening through the end of the run. This thread is rather aptly named.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mellish says...maaaaaybeeee????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back