• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2021 - Joyless January

As I said before this time last year we were staring down a buzzsaw SPV with no Signs of blocking, it could honestly be way worse, even if the SSWE fails for some odd reason, a weakened state of the PV increases chances of high latitude blocking, last years pattern overall looking ahead was horrible compared this pattern looking ahead, we forget the pacific is the reason why the SPV is weakened in the first place

As I said before this time last year we were staring down a buzzsaw SPV with no Signs of blocking, it could honestly be way worse, even if the SSWE fails for some odd reason, a weakened state of the PV increases chances of high latitude blocking, last years pattern overall looking ahead was horrible compared this pattern looking ahead, we forget the pacific is the reason why the SPV is weakened in the first place
We need get that ridge out West taller then mite be in business

We need get that ridge out West taller then mite be in business
Yeah, at this point it’s a waiting game with getting a +PNA, it’ll eventually happen, patience is key here and I think some forget we live in the southeast not the MA/NE, lol, it’s not just gonna snow when we want it to

Y’all need patience. Even in the “good” winters of 2009-2010 and 2013-2014, I didn’t see measurable snow IMBY until late January. So far I’ve seen snow twice and with the below average December, that is a big win.

And as long as I've been following winter weather, we've never had a wall-to-wall cool/cold winter. There is ALWAYS a moderation period, just gotta be patient, something will come along.

Back