• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern January 2021 - Joyless January

Just an fyi for anyone that didn't know you can get free euro precip maps at pivotal weather. No eps stuff though
How do I get to precip maps? All I could find was like 850 maps and such?

There could be some wave 2 at the end, but this is mostly a displacement/k=1 event. Stratosphere-induced temperature anomalies are stronger and more significant overall in Eurasia than the CONUS. Only the SE & eastern US have significant temperature anomalies from sudden warmings in the lower 48 and those anomalies are even more significant if you sort for SSWEs during El Ninos which are more frequently displacement type (like this one will be).

View attachment 60421
Do you know why those areas are favored? At first glance one would think any geographic area would be equally favored for a warming event happening at the pole.

Enjoy!
c36b0b554232bffbd94dda2cbe3f72b3.jpg

70dd0988475a17f691b1bb0322125cb1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do I have to sign in? I think all I saw was mslp maps. I was in a hurry and am at work,
[/QUOTE]
You have to go to the ecmwf hi-res model to see the surface

Do I have to sign in? I think all I saw was mslp maps. I was in a hurry and am at work,
You have to go to the ecmwf hi-res model to see the surface
[/QUOTE]
Ahhhh
Didn’t click on hi res ECMF

Back