• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 30-Feb 2 2021 ❄️ Potential

NWS now mentioning in here for the first time, I think they’ll probably put out some WWAs soon for fringe areas CDFAEAF2-AF4F-4F68-8595-06EBD10F2ABA.png

Unlike previous runs, the HRRR is maintaining DPs in the mid teens for this area through the day.

Latest NWS Blend:

framexp_acc.us_state_nc_va.png

snowfall_acc.us_state_nc_va.png

Another thing I will remind myself about today is often these types of systems that transfer end up pretty dry compared to what is modeled. Will this one be like Dec 2018 or be like most of the rest of the ? transfer systems? Really, the main low west to east through the midwest isn't much like the Dec2018 system so really not a good comparison anyway.

Current temp at my house is 21 and a DP of 11. Whatever falls will end up being a mess for the western part of the state (NC) but Virginia looks to get a pretty hefty snow, up to a foot in the favored areas

Looks like I'm getting the kitchen sink back here along the escarpment 1-3 locally 5 in favored spots right along the blue ridge where low level cold pools set up hard to erode and very cool to experience. Topped off with 1-2 of sleet idk what to think honestly. If it happens that way will be great for sledding. Fingers crossed I dont get ice and can hang on to sleet I really dont like ice at all.

Back