• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 30-Feb 2 2021 ❄️ Potential

fram_acc.us_ma.png
Dewpoints (even with them being higher this run) are low enough to where many areas could see brief freezing rain to start at the very least, that’s a problem, and thats the big difference vs the December system, do not want to see any cold trends with this one

poimen where are you tapping those soundings. Kernersville Im sure, but north or south of i 40. Thanks in advance. Appreciate you posting.
0z Nam tells me dont bother with annual test fire generator. 3k says ,well might just ought to

Dewpoints (even with them being higher this run) are low enough to where many areas could see brief freezing rain to start at the very least, that’s a problem, and thats the big difference vs the December system, do not want to see any cold trends with this one

But the trend lately seems to be the models and storms coming in bigger as we get closer.

In the Triad, I think about a trace-1" of snow and ice accums somewhere in the ballpark of 0.1-0.2" or so. It wouldn't be a bad idea to test them just in case

Thank you, we all LOVE winter weather. Some have to be concerned about ’certain” types of weather such as a loss of power event. Shows the critical role role of our meteorologists.

I, ADORE ALL weather like y’all. ... However, Loss of power adds additional concern for my nephew. Again, Thanks Eric.

Surry County usually does well in winter. Although Roxboro and Roanoke Rapids are in the lead so far this winter.
Give it time. Outside mtns, Mayberry will pull it off. Still got Feb/March
From eastern wx to Amx to here. The good ole days seeing BF and powerstroke with his $$$ signs racking up plowing. Now we chase flizzards and freezing drizzle

Really ? I didn’t think the last storm came in bigger .

Euro and NAM didn't jump on board until a couple of days out. All of the models showed a better storm as it got closer to Wednesday.

Euro and NAM didn't jump on board until a couple of days out. All of the models showed a better storm as it got closer to Wednesday.

Not saying what they showed for everyone actually happened. But the models did improve as we got closer.

WRAL calling for flurries in the Triangle to 1 inch of snow for northern counties Saturday night, and freezing rain Sunday morning up to .25 inch for northern counties.

Back