• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 30-Feb 2 2021 ❄️ Potential

REALLY hate to be a weenie. But, what are your thoughts at this point? Do we need to run a test on the generators here in the Triad? Thank you in advance. Btw... I have a special needs nephew who requires electricity.

In the Triad, I think about a trace-1" of snow and ice accums somewhere in the ballpark of 0.1-0.2" or so. It wouldn't be a bad idea to test them just in case

Dec 2002 was rough but somehow we only spent 2.5 days without power. Lost it for 4 with the crusher.
Yea had 7.5 days with crusher. We lived in middle nowhere then got 15, dropped off fast to my west and went up fast to my east. Pre-crusher we had an event 2 days prior that did .15-.20 glaze frzng rn. Was cold day in between and the crusher snow stuck to everything on the trees that Monday night. Had a 5 inch snow 3 days after crusher. Was best 7 to 10 day stretch of wx ever in central NC. Hit near 0 one night under full moon. No power anywhere and We where living in uwharrie mtns back then(near Farmer NC). Hard times to beat no doubt.

In the Triad, I think about a trace-1" of snow and ice accums somewhere in the ballpark of 0.1-0.2" or so. It wouldn't be a bad idea to test them just in case
These are the events you use to test. Need to run once a year anyway. Shouldnt need. But kill 2 birds with one stone. The generator we have ,I bought 3 days after crusher. Best investment we ever made. Got cheaper in Dec 2002,those 7 days lol.

Ignore the snow but this almost matches lol ice wise, just for areas south it’s rain BC9D9B99-0D38-4494-BAA2-1BD71EDEF53F.png5097AA82-3BC1-4433-B876-8663F8EDCAE0.gif

fram_acc.us_state_nc_va.png

Go ahead and jinx me! All I’ve had all winter is a dusting and I’m a lucky rascal? What in the world! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You'll be top dog when all is said an done. Its seasonal comedy how we track storms, esp ones we think are coastals and 9 times out of 10 they trend nw during nowcast and you get the goods. Which you should considering location. I enjoy it each chase. Cup half full and when all is said and done surry county comes out smelling like roses. In laws up there give it to me in good fun. Chasing storms with you around is like fishing with a buddy who shows up with a cane pole and empty wallet. Then lands a 13lb large mouth why I land a brim.

Back