• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 30-Feb 2 2021 ❄️ Potential

Gonna take some big changes to get anything appreciable out of this for us here......been a very long time since we have seen a significant ice storm IMBY, that said the air mass in place is going to be pretty damn good, but need a lot of help to get more than a bit of snow and sleet going to rain this far east.
Yeah, usually we need the Classic (and strong) CAD setup for eastern folks. In-situ almost always only works for far western areas. Now if this is some kind of hybrid, maybe a few more can join the party.

NAM has sfc winds turning around to the S then E late Saturday across most of NC and dews start slowly creeping up. We would have to get precip going with the initial shot of lift overnight Saturday night into Sunday morning to attempt to lock the CAD in or it will be a morning of slowly watching dews inch up and temps hold steady as the cold rain approaches

Do you think if this keeps on trending south do you think the whole upstate and ne ga could be involved as well
hard to tell at this point. I do like how the NAM trended and the airmass in place on saturday and right as the event is unfolding is very dry. If you get temps around the 33-35 range and DPs in the upper teens and low 20s, then I would say you will have a big problem on your hands.

Yeah and the Hendersonville area especially the eastern side from East Flat Rock down to the Saluda Grade always does well in ice storms.
Places like Landrum/Inman/ Boiling Springs/ Greer/Lyman and Wellford had some onset lite ice during December and not 15 minutes up the road into polk and henderson counties they had a full on ice storm.

Places like Landrum/Inman/ Boiling Springs/ Greer/Lyman and Wellford had some onset lite ice during December and not 15 minutes up the road into polk and henderson counties they had a full on ice storm.

You gain a lot of elevation quickly coming up to Polk and hendo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ugh!
sn10_acc.us_ma.png

zr_acc.us_ma.png

prateptype.us_ma.png

This LP Miller B''ing from Indiana to Tidewater stinks. If it where SE KY to Hatteras, like classical. We;d get at a shot sleet storm. I'm like SD that was what I was rooting for. Pick poision, cause snow start to finish is tough to get in miller B's. Never seen it happen, always get mixing issues

Back