• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 30-Feb 2 2021 ❄️ Potential

I think we are starting to see the trend of temps getting colder the closer we get to the event. Dews have definitely gotten much colder out ahead of the storm.
Meh. I'm not buying it until the gfs or icon starts snowing it. Icon has been trending a bit warmer

Shouldn't we be paying more attention to the short-range models now? I know we're not in the NAM's accurate range but GFS was also showing 6 inches for RDU and look how that ended up.

Do you have the precip type panels for the UKMET? Pivotal doesn't have them. Trying to figure out what's going on down here in the CAD areas. Thanks!
It was hoovering 31-33 across NC during precip at diff locales . But trying to figure out what goes on in between panels is fools gold. Wish ukmet had a ice map like all other globals

12z euro is warmer compared to its 0z. LP is over illinois, HP is 4 mb weaker. On to the next runs. It was lot less icy compared to its 0z and 6z runs from what I saw on other site.

Here's my preliminary snowfall map for last night's storm

View attachment 68854

Now that is pain. Not so much for CLT as we knew we were going to get blanked. I just feel for those in the Triad. (Although not too bad because they have done better than the majority of the state, outside the mtns). In the past few years.

Here's my preliminary snowfall map for last night's storm

View attachment 68854
Nice so me and Brick both got 3 inches . It’s all gone now . Outside of very shaded areas the snow has left . Looking at a temp map rn you can see the 96 corridor a bit cooler than to the west . Reflects the higher snow total .

Back