• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 30-Feb 2 2021 ❄️ Potential

Y’all remember the RDPS had these crazy ice totals for the 12/16/2020 icing event as well. Every system is different, but I’m a bit skeptical of this model after that epic fail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For NE GA and parts of the upstate, we need to be sure the dew points are low enough to get the temp under 31 or so when the precip starts. many (if not most) times for this area, we really do not know until the event is literally on the door step. 32 is marginal for decent icing so ideally it gets to the upper 20s. a few degrees makes all the difference and the models generally are not that exact (for n g at least)

Y’all remember the RDPS had these crazy ice totals for the 12/16/2020 icing event as well. Every system is different, but I’m a bit skeptical of this model after that epic fail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cold air this time around is much more in place with DPs in the teens. Plus we are still in the heart of winter so this one has a much better chance to actually perform.

12z Canadian is broke on pivotal. major Hit: Ice Triad whole time

1611854738216.png

I wouldn’t be surprised to see all that Euro and UK snow end up being sleet for most of us. Just keep the ZR away please...

Ugh!
sn10_acc.us_ma.png

zr_acc.us_ma.png

prateptype.us_ma.png

Yeah no thanks. Eastern NC hasnt had that much ice in forever and with weakened trees possibly from the hurricane this year that would be devastating. Yall can keep it

Damn, supposed to leave cabin in Boone Sunday mid morning, looks like that might be Saturday night now.

Looks like the 9 millionth flizzard of the season on the back end with this one If it verifies. It’s honestly incredible how many dusting to half inch events I’ve had this season. Yesterday was the 9th event of at least a dusting so far this winter. Never had a winter with this many events and not get at least a 2 inch plus snow. 19F69CE9-84D1-4A70-ACD5-6B52828E9F87.pngB4DDAB7F-8769-4E98-9D05-9845ADE4994D.png

Looks like the 9 millionth flizzard of the season on the back end with this one If it verifies. It’s honestly incredible how many dusting to half inch events I’ve had this season. Yesterday was the 9th event of at least a dusting so far this winter. Never had a winter with this many events and not get at least a 2 inch plus snow. View attachment 68819View attachment 68818
You are going to nickel and dime your way to half a foot ?

Yeah the Canadian Ensembles are way colder. Verbatim it would be a major ice storm in the CAD areas of NC/SC. GSP holds steady at 28-29 degrees for several hours.

Back