• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 27-28 Snow Potential Official Thread

Looks like the GFS followed the HRRR with the WAA going further north. You can see the area of maximum frontogenesis has shifted north some and ofc, as you can see the 0c isotherm has shifted north with it. We were just talking about this too.

View attachment 68344
Dang I almost beat you to it. It took me 5 minutes though to figure out how to post .

WRAL going very conservative. T-0.5" for RDU and T-1" for northern areas.

Attachments

• 18ACB8F2-D803-4291-9EE5-A2B71806A4B8.jpeg
    18ACB8F2-D803-4291-9EE5-A2B71806A4B8.jpeg
    527.7 KB · Views: 56
Looks like the GFS followed the HRRR with the WAA going further north. You can see the area of maximum frontogenesis has shifted north some and ofc, as you can see the 0c isotherm has shifted north with it. We were just talking about this too.

View attachment 68344

Can I please just not have to deal with a warm nose for once? Let's trend this thing back South.

Interesting seeing the Euro and GFS on top of each other for snowfall placement just different on amounts, obviously

View attachment 68350View attachment 68351

That's another reason I think it looks good for this one. Not only did the Euro increase its totals by 3 times the amount of its previous run, but the placement is so similar to the GFS and other short range models that aren't the NAM.

The NAM is better short term than the GFS. GFS is a medium to long range model. We are in the NAM’s wheelhouse. You’re gonna be bigly disappointed Thursday morning, son.
I did. Also looked at all the other maps showing something different. NAM is pretty much alone. GFS has remained steady. Euro increased by 3 times the amount. Other short range models are better, too. You be pessimistic if you want. I'll be optimistic and whatever happens will happen.

It's not difficult, if it's off topic post in one of the banter threads, if you want to make it personal do it else where. If you're going to single out someone PM, whamby or not at all, we're all adults here, honestly shouldn't even have to moderate a weather forum.... geez!!

Canadian showing some higher totals

sn10_acc.us_ma.png

Back