• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 2-4 2022 Winter Weather Event/Obs

Is there another model with the sfc low asvstrikg and as far NW as the 18z gfs? I didn't see it when I looked really quick. I'll be interested in the 18z euro

Is there another model with the sfc low asvstrikg and as far NW as the 18z gfs? I didn't see it when I looked really quick. I'll be interested in the 18z euro
Rap and RGEM were more NW as well

I think the Atlantic ridge out front will emphasize the nw trend even more. Hate to see WAR but that's usually what we deal with. Helps to Amp the system but when the track is already bad, it makes it worse. This needs to be way south to help clt.

I'm in the high country so hate to say I'm rooting for amped this time. :confused:

Significant forcing on the lee side with BC’s HR RGEM graphic, ^ 2 or 3 different foci with upper lever perturbations noted. Kuchera adds value.

Last edited:
Yeah unless we NW trend this into the SNE lol, there’s gonna at least be snowflakes on the backside given a more amped solution tugging down CAA, but the slim chances of accumulating snow outside the mountains or N Piedmont which was already low is getting lower
Yeah… the only time that I can remember accumulating snow in CLT metro with a low track right over head was the ‘93 Superstorm and this obviously isn’t anywhere close to that. I tend to think with this that the dynamics will be strong enough and CAA looks to be right for most of us to see flakes in the air… which is definitely a win given the dumpster fire pattern we’re coming out of

BC’s graphic, HR RGEM, kudos. Foci is area of interest, note circular patterns around them, this should in some ways congeal, it’s not accurate verbatim, that’s all I am saying. I don’t think we have an 850 track nailed down yet and that’s where we need to start looking. Soundings clearly support a steep crash, really ATL CLT HAT, likely just south of that at the mid levels.

Clown maps are almost always atrocious. How much more now after days-on-end of temps in the 70s and surface temps never reaching freezing during the window of possible snowfall?
Rates can and will overcome, Kernersville is actually a solid spot right now in central NC, Roxboro obviously better, but it’s not really far and along a similar axis given the setup.

Back