• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 2-4 2022 Winter Weather Event/Obs

NWS in Nashville keeps insisting we get no accumulation at all. While I'm not expecting anything major, I have a hard time believing we don't get a dusting anyway.

Lols fine for MID NC up deform band will hit us regardless .. we just shouldn’t expect any big accumulation
Don't be so sure, if it continues to lift NW you won't get any of that deform band. And I guarantee there've only been a handful on here expecting any accumulations and I'm not one of them

Don't be so sure, if it continues to lift NW you won't get any of that deform band. And I guarantee there've only been a handful on here expecting any accumulations and I'm not one of them
Good for you man ?? I won’t be worried until tomorrow night storm hasn’t even developed yet plenty of time for small changes here and there .. pretty confident in flakes flying regardless

lol
sn10_acc.us_ma.png
If you live in the Triangle I'm not sure how you can't be happy with this. Seeing any snow two days after hitting 80 would be a win.

A good part of NC probably ends as snow even with the NW trend as the remaining deformation band moves through behind the 850 low and the column crashes. But the thought of anything more than novelty/mulch whitening even along the I40 corridor is going down the tube

I'm probably grasping at straws but the soundings on the 18z GFS have to support a flizzard in the NC piedmont, especially north CLT towards Statesville, right?

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

A good part of NC probably ends as snow even with the NW trend as the remaining deformation band moves through behind the 850 low and the column crashes. But the thought of anything more than novelty/mulch whitening even along the I40 corridor is going down the tube
Exactly major dub and then after we track future threats ?

Back