• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 2-4 2022 Winter Weather Event/Obs

I definitely understand that but if what the 3k nam spit out happens (likely won’t) then you’ll have accumulation in the grass and elevated surfaces easily. We will be in the 20s Monday morning. 6.8 inches of snow falling in 4 hours isn’t just not going to accumulate in grassy areas.

See 3/1/09 for example.
NWS is forecasting low 30s for you on Monday morning.

Conservative, areas north of 40 should be on lookout, regardless of rain/snow this is going to wreak havoc with the Monday commutes 40/85/95. Models are now beginning to congeal on the deform, what a beast. SW extent should continue to grow, possibly even back to CLT for an hour or two. Top down, not 10:1

So legit question, if the winds on the earlier HRRR verify, would that actually allow for a blizzard warning since it's based on wind speed and not amounts?

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

So legit question, if the winds on the earlier HRRR verify, would that actually allow for a blizzard warning since it's based on wind speed and not amounts?

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk
Have to be sustained and for 3+ hours I believe .. we would just have gusts and probably not consistently for more than 2 hours ..

lol
sn10_acc.us_ma.png

Conservative, areas north of 40 should be on lookout, regardless of rain/snow this is going to wreak havoc with the Monday commutes 40/85/95. Models are now beginning to congeal on the deform, what a beast. SW extent should continue to grow, possibly even back to CLT for an hour or two. Top down, not 10:1
I agree this system has not matured yet!!

This could do well for us MS/Al folks with a low tracking through the state and tracking NE. Hope we can trend little further south for everyone else.

Back