• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 2-4 2022 Winter Weather Event/Obs

Can someone explain why exactly the Snow line not further west into upstate sc? I know it looks like it keeps trending better, but outside of the Mountains delaying the Cold, if this thing goes Neg tilt and closed off why wouldn't the upstate be in on some decent snow?

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

If I were to make a call map, I'd cut these totals in half as my first forecast. The main axis of snow looks to match up with history pretty well.

snodpc_acc.us_ma.png

Man that’s beautiful, don’t want to much of this tho, otherwise it’ll go to the shitter, but this trend is good for areas back towards the NW/western Piedmont given it closing off and slowing downCEF7F017-54E1-4DF2-8F52-B5C8770C9E36.png8385B22D-20C7-4911-892A-480F1E78F5A1.png

The LP tracking through the state really isn’t ideal lol
Not ideal at all, only way we win with that is with backside snow, but imo that solution is better for us then the other ones given it would allow cold air to filter south more towards us vs the earlier solutions where it was more east, sort of liked a amped up Miller A, but looking at the mslp track now, that’s kinda ugly lol

Not ideal at all, only way we win with that is with backside snow, but imo that solution is better for us then the other ones given it would allow cold air to filter south more towards us vs the earlier solutions where it was more east, sort of liked a amped up Miller A, but looking at the mslp track now, that’s kinda ugly lol
Gsp basically explains that
. THE MAIN QUESTION RELATES TO WHETHER OR NOT THE
ATTENDANT UPPER LOW CLOSES OFF OR NOT. IF THE UPPER LOW DOES CLOSE
OFF, EVEN BRIEFLY, IT WILL ALLOW A STRONGER AND SLOWER SYSTEM. THIS
WOULD ALLOW COLD AIR AT LOWER LEVELS TO PLAY "CATCH UP" WITH THE
MOISTURE AND ADD IMPORTANT MID-LEVEL FORCING THAT WOULD LIKELY
SUPPORT A WARNING LEVEL (4+ INCHES) SNOW EVENT AT HIGH ELEVATIONS
AND CEMENT ADVISORY LEVEL AMOUNTS INTO MOST MOUNTAIN VALLEYS,
POSSIBLY STRETCHING INTO SOME AREAS EAST OF THE MOUNTAINS (FOCUSED
FROM THE FOOTHILLS TO NC PIEDMONT).

Lol what happened to this model, it’s a complete outlier with the trends, it’s less amped this run 35DC35F9-8AA4-4054-A02F-0B39258A3BA3.png

Back