• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 2-4 2022 Winter Weather Event/Obs

But how can downsloping just wipe out Such a dynamic system?

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk
Need a ULL track further south that can filter in cold air better, it looks to track right over us, which filters in cold air further east, and the flow behind it causes downsloping and increased temps near the mountains/upstate and foothills/parts of the Piedmont

Can someone explain why exactly the Snow line not further west into upstate sc? I know it looks like it keeps trending better, but outside of the Mountains delaying the Cold, if this thing goes Neg tilt and closed off why wouldn't the upstate be in on some decent snow?

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk
This has always been a problem with the upstate getting cold air wrapped into a system or having cold air catch up to the moisture. The cause is the mountains. The cold air bleeds over the mountains slowly especially with this type of system. Unless the cold front blasts through then it will always be hard in this type setup to get the cold air in with the moisture.

For my area it can’t get too amped or else the R/S line goes too far NW and we get mixing issues, and it can’t be too weak which’d lead to a system too far south with rates that wouldn’t be able to overcome warm ground temperatures… I hate when it comes down to balancing games like this lol

Back