• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

Whats the HP trending on the Euro ? Weaker ?
I'm essentially basing it off of this Euro run.
Whats the HP trending on the Euro ? Weaker ?
There has not been really any consistency. It has varied from run to run. It never hurts to have firmly entrenched cold air feed in place here in the SE though! Esp. when dealing with a situation like this one.

93b9088a5dbf5e48004848ce8da1f9f7.jpg

6 inch probability. Huge run of the EPS for western NC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5625e2f4c76b851cd5f1973c183d20d5.jpg

Euro control at 00z. Every piece of guidance trended more amplified/north. Hoping that slows down or even reverses some as we close in. GFS seems a bit extreme, but it has preformed well this winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For CLT metro folks this run of the EPS has the most members with snowfall of any run yet. This is definitely taking on that look of Miller B where the Triad, down to CLT metro west and down into the SC Upstate are the favored climo areas.
Those panels do not include ice correct?

No they don’t. Also it matches up quite well with what the Euro just showed in terms of track and that front end portion of overrunning.
Yeah it looks like a pretty solid storm for a lot of areas. Even down to ATL over to CAE will get wintry weather it seems. It's just not the all snow event some models lead us to believe it was.

Beauty of a run for nw sc and ne ga and the eps mean keeps creeping up. Ill gladly ride with the King on this one. Hopefully gfs comes back some but still a long way to go.

Eh nvm, it looks colder but looks like a much more classic Miller B now given the more neutral tilt, still further south tho at H5View attachment 104279
I really don’t see anyway this trends away from a Miller B at this point or at least an A/B Hybrid. The key now is just were that transfer occurs… with the strength of the CAD being shown, I still believe that will be much further south than what the 12z GFS showed, and more in line with the 12z EURO and UK

Back