• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

Where did that high come from off of Mexico coast?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So that Mexico high jumped out to me as well. I think that last frame, 0z run, could be showing the low before the transfer, whereas the previous frames are showing it after. If that's the case it has slowed a bit. It also appears the high over Mexico, which has formed and expanded, is helping push our low a bit North, along with a slightly weaker pressing high over NE. I don't know if that high is showing up on other models or not. You'll notice it's also pushed the low over N Mexico North as well.
Another feature is the Canadian low has rotated clockwise around our NE high and our storm low has followed suit. With those peices the output makes more sense, but is it right?

Last edited:
not going to be nearly as good of a run for some in GA. Looks like gonna Miller B now....EHHHH

very odd
1642388400-iUNPgjWD2So.png

........................waives bye bye to my North....Well ----....I figured it was coming *MBY* but worse run for most

better for TN and WNC this run from what I can tell. Nice hit for NGA into Upstate, but if it trends any further north....it will be an icy mess to rain for sure. Bama this run was def. worse.

Back