• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

Just looking at the the individual members at 102 and a ton are still mostly snow for a good portion of 85.

At some point we need to take the possibility of a dangerous Ice storm in the Carolinas and NE Georgia seriously. Not ready to just yet though but this time tomorrow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P24 is the only one that comes remotely close to op. It transfers 150+ miles futher souteast

Closer to reality. I mentioned earlier this evening about how the warm nose can surge out of Statesville NC to Danville VA but struggle going west into Sparta/Wilkes counties. I think the snow maps were outrageously too high prior runs but now match what I said earlier exactly for the Charlotte metro region. Totals will pick up northern Mecklenburg back north west. Maybe 3-6” along i40 and 6-12” west of i77. Mixing could alter this by 2-4”.

Back