• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

Splitting hairs here but the 18z euro looks slightly more positively tilted compared to the 12z trough. Def more positive tilted than 18z gfs.
Good to see you in here burrel...just in time with massive CAD moving in!

Here is EPS Mean diff from last run

Ybgj94J.gif

Webb may argue that the OP GFS may need to be taken seriously despite disagreements with its ensembles, but OP GFS vs GEFS & EPS? Idk chief. I’d like to hear his thoughts on that but I’d put money on EPS every time
If someone was making me lay down money, you are absolutely right.

Webb may argue that the OP GFS may need to be taken seriously despite disagreements with its ensembles, but OP GFS vs GEFS & EPS? Idk chief. I’d like to hear his thoughts on that but I’d put money on EPS every time
The control itched north and that kind of discredits the explanation he made. Personally I’ve seen the GFS erode CAD and drive LP right through CAD for years now. This is exactly what I expect from it in this range.

The question basically boils down to: is this a resolution issue or is varying the initial conditions slightly somehow causing this? The fact there are still a handful of members well-inland makes me think it's something to do with the initial conditions.
Believe you have a solid hypothesis there

If it was the oppsite. GFS off the coast and both sets of ens inland. The GFS op would be thrown out , no questions asked

Back