• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

Just some perspective since I don't have much to add weather wise. This thing is going to change "multiple times". I guess when everything gets onshore you start seeing the real solution unfold?
Exactly. The issue we face here is that there isnt a lot of data sampling(which is a fancy way of saying there's a lack of information) over the pacific, which is where this is coming in from.

CMC tends to overdo the CAD a lot of times! It’s always the coldest solution, 98% of the time
Ehhh. Canadian is used for CAD out of the globals as it gets a better feel for it due to its cold bias. This is a legit CAD that we probably haven't seen since Feb 2014 so it's pretty realistic in my opinion.

Does this include ice or not?

c9eeb7945825bec781eff8f54eaee9ba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go to Highlands/Cashiers. If you want ski,then hit up Maggie Valley, catalooche

Really don’t care to ski. I found some cool places in highlands. I remember chasing to Maggie a few years ago and they got skunked and we stopped by highlands on the way up where they got several inches. Thanks for the advice.

Looks like a nice storm coming up!

This system has the makings to be one of the best winters storms most of us have seen in a long time. A classic winter storm with all precip types (minus cold rain) thank goodness, at play. Mostly snow for Upstate north, but I wouldn't be surprised to have some sleet/freezing rain with that snow as well, which will only add to the longevity of whatever snowfall accumulates. Definitely a lot of changes between now and Thursday/Friday. But unless something crazy occurs I can't foresee anything major that yanks this from under us. There are just too many things coming together at the right times for a lot of us not to score big. Then again, I am mearly an amateur.

Back