• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

It's my fault y'all, I renewed my Wxbell account, sorry but any who, this looks better

1642356000-MLqRSfEYO94.png
It is reassuring to see there are hardly any solutions that go up towards the Northeast, a lot more west to east movement in the ensembles

Remember everyone, this is the dance we have to play in the South. We want it to amp a bit to help bring down more cold from the high and increase QPF but we definitely don't want it to amp too much b/c it tends to drive the low north and brings in ice or rain. We're going to see lots of different changes over the next couple of days, try not to get too worked up run to run, BUT the trends matter. Not a good change on this current GFS but it could easily be over amped. Other models are trending more positively. Also, don't forget, we'll be in range of the short range models soon and those will start to tell the tale. Just about anything is still in play right now.

I certainly would give weight to the ensembles at this point, deterministic runs can and will change, ens means should smooth out the noise until we get inside 72hrs. This is gonna be fun and I am likely chasing, again.
We arent going to get close to locked in until we get this thing on shore.

Back