• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

IMO the Gfs OP is way too amped. I do not think we will see that strong of a storm. A mix between the GFS/EURO seems reasonable. Did not like to see the shift northwest in the latest GFS run though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
6z GEFS is much further south and less amped than both the 0z run and the 6z GFS.

IMO the Gfs OP is way too amped. I do not think we will see that strong of a storm. A mix between the GFS/EURO seems reasonable. Did not like to see the shift northwest in the latest GFS run though.

I guess the GFS is another option at this point. But like you said the euro is south so maybe the final outcome is something in between. One thing is certain, we're going to be seeing many different options with each model run during the next couple of days.

6z GEFS is much further south and less amped than both the 0z run and the 6z GFS.

Yeah I just saw that. The GEFS really doesn’t even have a member like the GFS OP. Maybe one. I still think a mix between the EURO/GFS could happen. Regardless, it’s going to be a major winter storm whether it’s ice/snow

I guess the GFS is another option at this point. But like you said the euro is south so maybe the final outcome is something in between. One thing is certain, we're going to be seeing many different options with each model run during the next couple of days.
Until the 6z GFS, there had been non stop southward shifts by all models. 12z suite will be interesting to see if Ukie and Euro continue shifts south or start to show a more amped system. Looks fun and very plausible we are dealing with a major SE snowstorm, either huge totals (somewhere lol) with an amped up system coming up the coast or a weaker but deep south slider. I'd say Larry isn't completely out of the game just yet

I'm speechless this morning. Good things happen when the jet buckles lol Love seeing upstate and midlands possibly getting in on the action. Good stuff

Yeah it’s really hard to buy into these last 2 amped GFS runs. I would expect once the low hits the ocean to see some quick strengthening with the warm SST’s, but these last two runs have had pressures as low as a category 1 hurricane

The hell ? The 06s gfs track seems Bit extreme to south side . Time will tell
f93a43e55538aad1c547bd61e8498a44.jpg

Back