• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

Reducing the noise, this will likely be a Gulf low coming out of the eastern Panhandle, more A ish, expect these transition zones to continue sharpening. Natural baroclinic zone would support a track along or just offshore.

Yeah too Miller Aish to see a I 95 track IMO......just does not seem likely given the setup....still need a lot of work for our backyards to sniff anything significant not gonna be our storm.

I just mean what would we need to get less freezing rain and more snow in the upstate.

Determinations at least 24 hours out, rough guess you will start as snow and likely see several inches before IP/ Maybe ZR but profiles look like sleet, than back to snow as the surface lifts NNE.

Not a good run with temps this morning. Some areas stayed the same or was extremely warmer. Possible transferring of the surface low?

7ee0734bed5e7274cf81ab986e1350f8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m very hesitant to go above 6” for anyone in NC until it’s actually on radar. I just have to see the final track and moisture returns I’ve been down this road too many times. Maybe we can pin point the track sooner to see who gets that 12”+ but for now it’s still low confidence. I’m high confidence tho on amounts up to 6”.

So going over the overnight model data.
Latest NAM, Euro, & CMC all ticked back warmer
UKMET is the only model that looks better from it's previous run

Not to wake everyone up with negativity, but we are ticking back the wrong direction.

On to the morning runs.

Back