• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

WPC's latest forecast map...looks reasonable....Miller A/B Hybrid

ct4ximD.gif

Somebody across Upstate WNC is gonna get Buried. Probably some 10-12" totals somewhere across there

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk
I’ll bet dollars to donuts, if the storm happened verbatim as depicted on NAM run, it’s 1” of snow, and the rest ip/zr I 85 and south! Caesars head might see 8-10”

Yep classic the back band building run after run .. I would think when the NAM’s get to sink their teeth into the full system they will continue to see this evolution of a deformation area of snow behind … temps would be amazing for it too 9A0516C3-3A30-4B9B-BCBC-5AA5732364BF.jpegEFF41486-0185-4DD0-8054-168A624E6B51.jpeg3BA9EE4C-76E2-4CA2-A0BE-97B84A1FACD6.jpeg0B4A309E-829D-47A2-84DE-E53C98AF929F.jpeg

The amount of FB posts floating around out there with crazy clown totals is unreal! Never seen anything like this. But I guess in the days of social media meteorology, everything's fair game. But, one thing's certain... lots of folks are gonna get a good snow from this.

The amount of FB posts floating around out there with crazy clown totals is unreal! Never seen anything like this. But I guess in the days of social media meteorology, everything's fair game. But, one thing's certain... lots of folks are gonna get a good snow from this.
My wife was looking at a FFC graph put up about the system and said the "Models" aren't showing much anymore and my weather crazed butt looked at her and said well those "graphics" aren't actually Models so may want to look at those :)

I’ll bet dollars to donuts, if the storm happened verbatim as depicted on NAM run, it’s 1” of snow, and the rest ip/zr I 85 and south! Caesars head might see 8-10”
I'd bet dollars to donuts you're crazy ax Hell! I wasn't even speaking of the NAM, I'm speaking of this storm in General. It's clear to see someone across those areas will get buried!

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Not a fan of the Icon track after surface leaves savannah. The heading north needs 1 to 2 more ticks NE. It gets to wilm, then north to G vegas, NW to Rich, before correcting Due NE
Front Royal or Winchester was my early thoughts, Brevard / Boone too, but this should be a clean hook around Florence heading NNE and maturing rapidly through 40N.

Could someone speak to the potential to see prolonged heavy sleet instead of zero from Atl metro/ i20 corridor NE?? I only ask abt this bc of the advertised CAD strength. Is this just a case of cold being far too shallow to support zr bc of the Low track?? I could be very wrong w my history but seems that climo history might be supportive. Thanks in advance!

Back