• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

I know SLP location is pivotal, as well as the HP placement and strength. Having said that, what would lend itself to a solution like the Ukie runs from yesterday?

I think those UKMET runs AFTER they started coming North were probably sleet/zr on the snow maps. The weak suppressed runs were likely snow though. You need a traditional Miller-A traveling across North Central Florida and not trying to track inland over GA/parts of SC to get appreciable snow for the duration of the event. Basically a much less amped wave, a neutral tilt later than shown etc.

Edit: i'm speaking about the Midlands.

icon_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_30.png

That's going to keep
Seems like the ICON is thermally colder back deeper into GA and SC and surely not a Miller B anymore. Still transfers but this is trending toward a Miller A now as the transfer distance is decreasing.
No not at all that track is definitely a Hybrid A/B and leaning more toward A you love to see it!

Look at the 50/50 low trend !! Wow, and the associated 540 line moving more south View attachment 104766View attachment 104767
Awesome; and this GIF Kylo posted shows it well too. You can really see the effect that last frame has with the 50/50 closer to the coast and stronger. As soon as that comes into frame you can really see the lines crash SW! Fantastic trend!
iconlsp-gif.104765

Shouldn’t a a more southerly low track allow for a more intensified CAD? Curious as to why we’re not seeing that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The dbz between Charlotte and Badin lake are nothing to sneeze at at hr 90

Back