• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

I saw that. Dont need to be fighting virga during the guranteed snow time front end thump
The good storms don't care...they bring the overrunning forcing for ascent in hot and heavy

to6nqes.gif

Front Royal or Winchester was my early thoughts, Brevard / Boone too, but this should be a clean hook around Florence heading NNE and maturing rapidly through 40N.
Kiddo is at 4300ft, Boone. Id go up if not for work Mon and 6 inches of concrete back here to come to. Not to mention heavy frzng rn scenerio close by. Although think mby will be spared worst of that.

Wow icon is very impressive. That Low is pretty perfect for the Carolinas IMO
432ddd334ddfc94376c2a826b9e5bbaa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ideally, I think most of us (outside the mountains) would like to see it a good 50-100 miles offshore of SAV instead of right onshore like that, but yeah it’s not too bad of a look, but definitely one that would changeover most of us eventually.

Frontend snow going deeper and deeper into GA every run.
Yes, that’s what I’m loving! If the NAM doesn’t kill our moisture and this cold holds serve next 24 we could be in a decent spot east of Atl for once. If that wedge is as stout as advertised I think we have a good shot at seeing more sn/ip vs the zr.

Back