• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

I don’t understand this track in the face of such strong CAD. It doesn’t make sense to me. Is that even possible? It might just be the weenie in me, but I don’t see how the CAD wouldn’t displace the surface low further S/E?
The one thing that gives it some credence is that the wave is strong and going negative tilt....that, and given this track here, it does make sense to run the sfc low inland of the coast even with the damming. But the GFS is stronger and farther west with the wave compared to others I believe

8bbqISG.gif

CAD is such a great thing to have to supply cold air east of the mountains but it is a major pain trying to watch on models leading up. You’re basically having to rely on previous CAD events to have a strong knowledge of what to expect for future ones like this storm here. Globals just aren’t very reliable due to how bad they are when dealing with CAD. We truly don’t have any idea where the snow and ice line is going to set up until we get probably closer to 24 hours from the storm. It could be anywhere from I40 to well south of I85 at this point.

I think the GFS is out in left Field, it's the only Model showing the L trying to cut up into that Strong a CAD. No way I'm buying that Track. I think that's why the other Models is more in line with each other and Why the Pros are leaning toward the EURO solution

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Back