• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Jan 15-16 Winter Storm Discussion & Obs

Starting to see signs of this “clipper” more involving into a amped up low. Crazy how things are trending.

Would be nice if this was 12 hours out. We need good separation between our wave and the one behind it. That one appeared much weaker on this run. We also need the one before it to help crank that quasi-50/50 and keep the flow a little slower to allow our wave to dig more and also to help keep a northerly low level feed in here. Feels like a laundry list of things to ask for, but I guess that's why these kinds of storms are so rare. But when they do hit, man they are fun.

These waves are going to be in and out of the raob network, so I wouldn't be surprised to see some backing off at some point, followed by a comeback as we get closer.

Clippers definitely aren’t the best way to get snow in the South. So many things that can go wrong, especially this far out. At least there is something to track for now….just wouldn’t be getting my hopes up for anywhere until we get a couple of days closer.

The system that develops into the 50/50 is so crucial.

The low dropping down in central Canada is a monkey wrench though. ?‍♂️

View attachment 103393
Need to watch that, that could ruin this setup by interfering with the ridge to our west and making our system not dig as much, just something to watch for now

Back