• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Jammin January 2023

It's probably going to bomb up the EC if I had to guess
Good "guess".

ec-fast_z500_mslp_us_10.png

Tried to setup a nice deform band but marginal temps. This is doable though

prateptype_cat_ecmwf-imp.us_ma.png
Euro has been consistent in wanting to shunt these storms off our coast and up.. while and GFS and CMC have been stead fast on cutting .. I’d have to assume someone’s missing something here. Thinking maybe the key is the amount of blocking shown on the models is the biggest difference I can tell

Obviously take the snowfall totals with a huge grain of salt, marginal temps and that is what falls not what accums, also probably lots of mixing issues. But we got time to reel this one in, we can get one this year can't we?!

Euro has been consistent in wanting to shunt these storms off our coast and up.. while and GFS and CMC have been stead fast on cutting .. I’d have to assume someone’s missing something here. Thinking maybe the key is the amount of blocking shown on the models is the biggest difference I can tell
And western ridging of course vs keeping energy in the west which buffs up the SER

Blocking shows first and surface reflection shows later, always been the case.... if the blocking continues to come in strong on future model runs, you will see wild swings

Back