• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Zeta

The GFS holds a 50-65knt 925mb wind field on the S and SE side of the circulation all the way through the Carolinas, that would mean surface gust to 35-50 certainly possible if it was efficient at mixing those down....
Just checked GFS point forcast for me.. 22kts 10m, 59 kts 925mb, 79 kts at 850 mb. Not good (Oh and 3 hour rainfall of 2.47". urgh

Anyone know the current water temps in the gulf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it still looks like this around Wednesday might need to buy essential items. And prepare for power outages.

We will have to act sooner than that. I’m surprised that a lot of the local media outlets are kinda downplaying this storm thus far.

We will have to act sooner than that. I’m surprised that a lot of the local media outlets are kinda downplaying this storm thus far.

Even NHC is downplaying it by showing it as a depression around Georgia upstate sc. models actually seem to be trending a bit stronger with slight chance of car 2 at landfall

“ZETA now a hurricane and it’s projected path remains consistent. I don’t like this scenario one bit. Could be bad for us. I am off today and tomorrow but will be back Wed and and We will be there for you every step of the way.”
Glenn burns on FB. Also said he’s worried about tornadoes

“ZETA now a hurricane and it’s projected path remains consistent. I don’t like this scenario one bit. Could be bad for us. I am off today and tomorrow but will be back Wed and and We will be there for you every step of the way.”
Glenn burns on FB. Also said he’s worried about tornadoes
How will it be bad ??? for us in Georgia (barrow county)

60-70 knts 1800 ft up......
Only 18 hrs after landfall too. Hard to believe it rolls through east of the mountains dry for us. I think there is some concern here that we can get a band or 2 of convection rolling through that taps the wind in the 850/925 layers

Only 18 hrs after landfall too. Hard to believe it rolls through east of the mountains dry for us. I think there is some concern here that we can get a band or 2 of convection rolling through that taps the wind in the 850/925 layers
The Raleigh NWS says most of the rain will be to the left of the track this time because of interaction with another feature. They are going with 2 inches of rain up near the VA border to to around .50 near FAY. They have RDU around an inch.

Back