• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Zeta

We will have to keep track of how strong Zeta gets in the gulf. That will ultimately determine if we see something that severe. If the eyewall portion remains it'll likely be moderate TS winds though AL and weak TS into GA.

The whole extratropical transition adds a kink as well.

Irma was no fun here....lost power for only a few hours but I got to skewer the City Of Atlanta for a large water oak that fell in my yard that they said I couldn’t cut down 3 weeks prior. The trees have rights, but they don’t pay my property tax bill.

Would this effectively create its own gravity wave due to forward speed? I’m getting marginally concerned here with the 3.6 inches of rain I measured Saturday evening.

It happened overnight as i recall. And i slept through all of it !
[/QUOTE]
heh, I pretty much slept through all of March 93 here... I went to bed thinking all the forecasters were gonna bust, then I woke up around 6 am and had one of the biggest shocks of my life. Insane stuff.

Here are the 10m winds from same model... still 40 knot winds in the Atl metro is pretty serious stuff: 1603777400376.png

Back