• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Lee

If you want a hit with the Euro, you need something like this.

View attachment 136841
Yep you have to disconnect the wave over the NE from the energy from the southern plains and allow the ridge to build back into the mid Atlantic to force it due west or its still ots or hits the NE

What no one is talking about is the disturbance near the bahamas now. No model develops it and i dont think a surprise storm will pop up but whether it just dissipates or gets a little more organized could be important.

x202309051940.gif.pagespeed.ic.-nm2gy-6ly.webp

Yep you have to disconnect the wave over the NE from the energy from the southern plains and allow the ridge to build back into the mid Atlantic to force it due west or its still ots or hits the NE
Yep...it would need a lot of work for a hit, not impossible but not something I am rooting for either. I would rather see some cool weather.

ecmwf-ensemble-avg-namer-z500_anom-4606400.png

Obviously most of the EPS members are OTS but did notice a small clustering of members that are slowing it down now with less pronounced northward turn (at least a slower turn anyway)

View attachment 136840
That would have to be the camp to watch to see if more members start to join that line of thinking. I like to say we have to get the ball on the court and those further SW members are a step to getting that ball on the court

Trough over the great lakes looks less amped and more positive tilt as it makes the NW turn slightly west of 12z

Really digs in past hour 138 should be a clean recurve with none of that turn back to the NW
Its going too fast again but lets see what midnight shows. Meanwhile i will post how the gfs may give us Gloria part 2 in the tropical thread

Although all bets are still on the table, it appears Lee will stay offshore for now. No matter how much someone likes chasing storms or exciting weather, the NHS thinks Lee is one storm that any rational person wants no part of.
If it were to hit land NC north it would be considerably weaker than its peak strength

Back