• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Lee

Definitely a westward shift on the Euro, still misses the EC for the most part although the NE might still be in play. Slows it down before the turn n/nw also. Still long ways to go with this one

ec-fast_z500_mslp_eus_11.png

the Bahama stall is nothing new, seems the big nasty storms dont like to turn fast down that far south.....any kind of stall could be trouble.....but only if the ridging is stout enough to push the storm back NW, alot of times they will linger or move real slow and wait for the next trough.

Yesterday there was a trough in SE Canada...today a stout ridge. ?‍♂️

View attachment 136835
Storm still seems too far north at that point. It is highly unlikely to proceed west or wnw from that position. It really needs to be farther to the south at that time.

Storm still seems too far north at that point. It is highly unlikely to proceed west or wnw from that position. It really needs to be farther to the south at that time.

Yeah for me to really believe a legit US threat I'm gonna say it needs to run closer to PR this weekend... If it's way north like forecast now forget it. Also the overwhelming majority of the ensembles are still clearly OTS

You have to remember that most storms in this area recurve. It takes a perfect setup to get a hit. Something is gonna have to change from the current track

Good point... Fran/Flo were north of the Caribbean but not that far north.

View attachment 136838View attachment 136839
Actually I just looked, Fran was a little further further north of the Caribbean and Florence was a lot further north when compared to what the 12z GFS and the 12z UKMET showed. Florence never even threatened the Virgin Islands it was moving so far north… it looked at that point like it would go east of Bermuda.

Actually I just looked, Fran was a little further further north of the Caribbean and Florence was a lot further north when compared to what the 12z GFS and the 12z UKMET showed. Florence never even threatened the Virgin Islands it was moving so far north… it looked at that point like it would go east of Bermuda.
Dont forget isabel

Yeah for me to really believe a legit US threat I'm gonna say it needs to run closer to PR this weekend... If it's way north like forecast now forget it. Also the overwhelming majority of the ensembles are still clearly OTS

You have to remember that most storms in this area recurve. It takes a perfect setup to get a hit. Something is gonna have to change from the current track
The one thing that gives me a little pause is seeing where the 12Z UKMET positions the storm at the end of its run. That’s been the model that has often caught onto the storms out there taking a more westerly track the last few years… Irma and Florence are a couple of examples.

The big difference on the euro is the low east of LEE. At 12z they may be interacting. last night the low was far NE

Last night
ecmwf_mslp_pcpn_watl_59.png

today
ecmwf_mslp_pcpn_watl_57.png

Obviously most of the EPS members are OTS but did notice a small clustering of members that are slowing it down now with less pronounced northward turn (at least a slower turn anyway)

1693943817073.png

Back