• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Laura (Post Landfall & Inland Effects)

I seem to remember a couple years ago that the strongest winds with Michael across NC was as dryer air was pulling into the storm on the backside. Is that something we could see here. I find it interesting that models drop the pressure lower after its passes the the Ohio Valley, but it’s still on land

I remember that. We easily had some gusts over 50mph in Charlotte.

I wasn’t alive for Camille but I bet models didn’t do well with 27” of rain in just 8 hours.

27” not happening. But some flooding is likely to occur in the west with any training of upslope from WV to NC.

I remember that. We easily had some gusts over 50mph in Charlotte.
I think the top gust at the airport was 61mph and I had a 64mph gust on my home weather station. I watched a TV documentary on hurricanes years ago and I remember Dr. Bob Sheets saying during it, that you should never underestimate what a remnant tropical low can do when it becomes phased with a jet stream.

This thread is a train wreck

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol. In all seriousness, we really do need to watch out for some significant/severe weather, as @SD, @Rain Cold, @Myfrotho704_ have been speaking of in NE GA, upstate SC and N Carolina. Guess, we’ll know a poop ton tomorrow. Prayers, for all in her hellish path......
The track after landfall, has really trended southe since yesterday! I think the Euro 50-60 mph wind gust over NC/SC are way to high, but Sat could be fun for y’all

Back