• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Laura (Post Landfall & Inland Effects)

Yeah, the more I look into Saturday the wearier I am becoming. No, we're not going to be 1 hundredth of a percent close to what LA is facing. But we could have our fair share of power outages and fallen trees. It's been wet, so a couple of gusts over 50 is going to bring down trees/powerlines. Add some brief spinups to the picture, things could get interesting. And IF and that's a big if, it wouldn't shock me to see an isolated EF-2 somewhere between GA and VA, depending on how destabilized we get on Saturday.

icon stays through NC as is moves east. icon, ukie, and euro are all south of the nhc projection here.

Thanks [mention]SD [/mention]

Looks like a breezy end to the week and start of the weekend across the Carolinas. With that vorticity and lift I wouldn’t rule out a isolated severe storm or tornado.

f02328d5c6cf06ec29ac2f909cb8d4e8.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, again if the Euro verifies, more intact and it's track (which seems to have shifted ever so slightly north) should still see a good amount of wind and even a few tornado reports. Winds 50-60 mph couple thousand feet up, not gonna take much to get some of that to the surface, bulk shear not too shabby either

1598537882413.png

1598537901816.png

Back