• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Laura (Post Landfall & Inland Effects)

Taking the clown maps literally, gusts would exceed what we got from Isaias. NC mountains would get the Camille treatment.

View attachment 47337
Yeah but models, especially the Euro and HRRR, were showing stronger winds than that with Isaias that never verified. Now if that lp tracks like the Euro shows, with those winds at H85 like @Myfrotho704_ posted above, bulk shear, a little instability, high PW than there's going to be some severe, no doubt

Yeah but models, especially the Euro and HRRR, were showing stronger winds than that with Isaias that never verified. Now if that lp tracks like the Euro shows, with those winds at H85 like @Myfrotho704_ posted above, bulk shear, a little instability, high PW than there's going to be some severe, no doubt
I could see those gusts being close in this case if the system stays intact and we get a line of storms.

There maybe power outages even in NC mountains

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When the east turn happens once Laura is on land. That’s gonna be crucial for what areas like upstate sc NE Georgia and NC sees. Amongst other areas

We are in trouble. Talk about a pattern changer. May hurt our Fall color with leaves coming down esp NC mountains.

Nam definitely supports some severe, these are the soundings more with the TC itself, somewhat large hodographs with a super moist column, which tells me low topped stuffB6329CE6-AAAB-46FA-A2F3-23DFE4759E74.png09478060-C5E3-4578-A4CA-ACD75269A33F.pngB5453137-D939-494E-BC82-AB6E445DA5B4.png
Then later along the cold front around central/eastern NC which is questionable but LRs are improved and low level hodographs are large 201329BF-78EE-43C4-ABEC-74268A03F525.pngB2E5B01C-EEC8-4428-AF4D-13227447C5B3.png249B8EC8-6C65-4E2A-A3CB-7512A300FEF8.png

That Euro storm wind map seemed a bit excessive. They always seem to overdue those, so I’m not surprised. I doubt we will see 60mph wind gusts without storms or rain bands pushing the winds to the surface, right?

That Euro storm wind map seemed a bit excessive. They always seem to overdue those, so I’m not surprised. I doubt we will see 60mph wind gusts without storms or rain bands pushing the wind to the surface, right?

Outside of the mountains yes though I could see us getting into the 20-30 range Saturday

If Camille did 27” in 8 hours I wouldn’t rule out 10” somewhere near Boone NC to Martinsville Virginia with life threatening flash flooding. It’s gonna be isolated but whoever gets it is gonna think this was the worst hurricane in their lifetime..

I see the ICON shifted back north and the GFS continues to be the northern most, curious to see what Euro shows in a bit

edit: Still should be a decent squall line with the ICON

The winds could verify this time having some non-tropical interactions coming down from Canada. We didn’t have that with the last storm I can’t spell.

I see the ICON shifted back north and the GFS continues to be the northern most, curious to see what Euro shows in a bit

edit: Still should be a decent squall line with the ICON

It’s kinda a tradeoff, closer COC means higher kinematics but higher junk/less instability while one more farther away means less kinematics but higher instability

Back