• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Laura (Post Landfall & Inland Effects)

It may be moving a tad NE but I doubt it’s going to miss Arkansas.
He said clip it, not miss it, and we're talking about the actual center..... I mean they obviously are going to feel significant effects just seems to have turned a little sooner

Not seeing the hard NE motion. Looks just east of due north. Optical illusion of dry air being sucked around into eastern part of circulation makes it look like the "eye" is tracking NE but that's really just an expanding dry slug.

EDIT: drew circles tracking the actual center on radar.

FE419024-3E5F-4A31-891D-E34BD77C349A.png

Moving on the 3k. Might be just early enough to not allow for complete destabilization View attachment 47509
This is the reason I’m thinking about chasing in ENC instead of around CLT, feel like there’s gonna be better destabilization there, probably gonna be a setup with supercells on the backside of the rain shield

I think you all are correct. The zonal flow seems to be further south then thought. [mention]SD [/mention] [mention]Cold Rain [/mention] [mention]metwannabe [/mention] Looking at 200.

71340ce1372a3d7cb46d74eae347d403.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the reason I’m thinking about chasing in ENC instead of around CLT, feel like there’s gonna be better destabilization there, probably gonna be a setup with supercells on the backside of the rain shield
Yeah I think the US1 corridor and east looks good particularly east of 95

SPC says in discussion that NC and maybe southern Virginia will have the highest tornado chances. So I may not be in the bullseye here maybe closer to Charlotte to Raleigh corridor.

I personally don't think the tornado threat for Tn/Al/Ga is getting enough talk for tomorrow.
Timing is better too for those west gonna be some damage in TN with wind/tornado. Not sure about Al/Ga I think it’s gonna be just north of there

Timing is better too for those west gonna be some damage in TN with wind/tornado. Not sure about Al/Ga I think it’s gonna be just north of there
Once these bands get going tomorrow they should stay semi discrete in Al/Ga and rotate. Probably better shear across these areas tomorrow than we will see Saturday.
uh25_max.us_ov.png

Wouldn't be surprised to see this upgraded/increased. Almost some spring like vibes when you look at it
Yesterday when I was listening to Adair's stream he mentioned the Baron3k showing a mini supercell outbreak in AL

I feel like even if we were to get rid of the TC itself, there would still be severe along the cold front itself, only issue is forcing and maybe there would be less wind shear, I wonder if something could fire along the front itself but I doubt it 229D1BD1-7F0D-4E1E-9DE3-F636E4313D7C.png3DDBF1F0-B720-4F50-A734-CEC6242E8BEE.png

Back