• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Isaias

Can we get a gusta map as well would be interested in seeing how significant power outages could be with this scenario.. with the fast moving nature of the storm the fact that it shows that much rain raises extreme red flags on flash flooding potential somewhere
I'm a wind junkie rather have wind than the rain.
70-80
Screenshot_20200731-131557_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200731-131552_Chrome.jpg

Cut that by 75% then divided by 2.
It's probably over done but verbatim that would be the worst storm to affect this area since Fran. Hard to really jump aboard though with the long track across Fl then the RI along the coast. I think at one time Charley was supposed to do something similar around here

Haha 2% chance of this. But I always love those wind maps tho!
Good chance it's not happening. The thing that is bothering me the most is the fact that the stronger hurricane models stay E of Fl but show solid NC hits. It seems the door is closing on the OTS scenario with our best shot at getting away with low impact from wind is to get it tangled up with FL and aborbed in the trough.

HWRF would be breezyhwrf_mslp_wind_09L_26.pnghwrf_mslp_wind_09L_27.png
Hmon isn't quite as strong but would still likely have ts gusts back to near Raleighhmon_mslp_wind_09L_26.png

Looks way overdone with the strength if it tracks like that imo.
The uk is about 24 hours later than most other models now. Looks like it tried to shift the stronger upper level wind and jet steak north. Shear goes down, outflow channel established, quick intensification

The uk is about 24 hours later than most other models now. Looks like it tried to shift the stronger upper level wind and jet steak north. Shear goes down, outflow channel established, quick intensification

Imagine if it stayed offshore and had a clean run at the Carolinas!

The strength and expansion of the cdo over the last few hours has been intriguing.
I’m thinking this has to be thanks to the extremely warm waters it’s finally entering .. we’ve seen how this can really blow things up for tropical systems .. I mean The warm waters are what hurricanes get their main source of fuel from

Back