• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Isaias

I’m thinking this has to be thanks to the extremely warm waters it’s finally entering .. we’ve seen how this can really blow things up for tropical systems .. I mean The warm waters are what hurricanes get their main source of fuel from

A guy on american posted the shear maps and the shear seems to be getting less.

One thing I’m seeing picked up more and more on each run is the upslope in the Western Carolinas. Going to be some moisture put out over those areas especially if you have some elevation (>1,500 ft)

Yeah it’s actually impressive to see western N.C. and upstate S.C. with a swath of 1-2 inches of rain from a hurricane barely hitting S.C.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it just me or does this NOT look like a sheared out POS storm that was expected as it interacted with the shear today? That CDO expansion to the SW is not too shabby.

Is it just me or does this NOT look like a sheared out POS storm that was expected as it interacted with the shear today? That CDO expansion to the SW is not too shabby.
Agreed, it's looking pretty good atm. Deep thunderstorm activity right over the center, also seems to have a nice tight wrapped up core.... those are hard to disrupt and even more difficult to predict intensity.

Back