• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Idalia

Hurricane models going bonkers, shows potential if all comes together just right, dang
I really think the key is on this organizing over the water today instead of being over land. It’s kinda worrisome that it’s basically going to be over water 24-36 longer than what models were showing yesterday

I really think the key is on this organizing over the water today instead of being over land. It’s kinda worrisome that it’s basically going to be over water 24-36 longer than what models were showing yesterday
And any slight shifts west keep it over water a tad longer too, all bad signs

I don’t want to say I told you so or count the chickens before they hatch, but it was forecasted to move over the warmest waters in the Caribbean Sea and going into a scorching GOM this is not very surprising seeing this rapid organization. A stronger storm also favors more western movement. Even I got to admit I didn’t think it was going through look this food this fast. This definitely has a shot to be a good bit stronger than even I originally thought.

Micheal 2?

cbce86c5565dbb436f91d084e00f18a4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t want to say I told you so or count the chickens before they hatch, but it was forecasted to move over the warmest waters in the Caribbean Sea and going into a scorching GOM this is not very surprising seeing this rapid organization. A stronger storm also favors more western movement. Even I got to admit I didn’t think it was going through look this food this fast. This definitely has a shot to be a good bit stronger than even I originally thought.
I could agree more. I’ve kept thinking while watching the models several days ago only showing this maxing out as a strong tropical storm to minimal hurricane how they were showing the same thing a few years ago with Michael at that stage. Now unfortunately I can’t help but notice the similarities in Michael’s path compared to forecasts on this.

I wonder whether it being Late August vs October would make a difference. I imagine the waters are warmer than it was when Michael was in the Gulf.
I actually think the water temperatures are very similar to when Michael came in… maybe a degree or two warmer now. You got to remember that in 2018, there had been absolutely no cool weather to speak before Michael and all of September and the first few days of October has just been an extended summer for the entire southeast. Coincidentally it was Micheal that caused the pattern to flip.

I actually think the water temperatures are very similar to when Michael came in… maybe a degree or two warmer now. You got to remember that in 2018, there had been absolutely no cool weather to speak before Michael and all of September and the first few days of October has just been an extended summer for the entire southeast. Coincidentally it was Micheal that caused the pattern to flip.
I wish this system would do the same and cause the pattern to flip but I guess Early September is too early to expect a lot of cool air.

I’m glad I’m not the only one who sees this and think it’s Michael again
While I’m the first to say the similarities can be seen, let’s remember that Michael literally had everything possible going for it on its approach to the coast. That RI cycle started at just the right time so that it hit max strength right at the moment of its landfall… something that I can only recall happening 3 times in my lifetime (Hugo going into SC, Andrew going into south Florida, and then Michael)

Back