• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Ian

What do y’all think of this?
87c6f8f1fb8cf77a5067f078574fd5a0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
While this chart does seem to be a bit dramatic and overhyped, it is one of many possible outcomes that may result from Ian along the East Coast next week. There is still time to watch the models and meteorologists make their forecasts and plan accordingly. If this were to pan out we would be looking at a potential Category 5 storm if the maximum wind speeds were achieved.

While this chart does seem to be a bit dramatic and overhyped, it is one of many possible outcomes that may result from Ian along the East Coast next week. There is still time to watch the models and meteorologists make their forecasts and plan accordingly. If this were to pan out we would be looking at a potential Category 5 storm if the maximum wind speeds were achieved.
The chart conveys an overinflated degree of confidence with this storm in both track and intensity. There’s nothing here beneficial to the public that the NHC cone doesn’t bring. Nothing about this feels like a good faith effort to inform the public and instead just feels like clickbait. Charts like this give mets a bad name in my opinion and damage credibility. You’re technically not wrong but just because it could happen doesn’t mean it should be published

The chart conveys an overinflated degree of confidence with this storm in both track and intensity. There’s nothing here beneficial to the public that the NHC cone doesn’t bring. Nothing about this feels like a good faith effort to inform the public and instead just feels like clickbait. Charts like this give mets a bad name in my opinion and damage credibility. You’re technically not wrong but just because it could happen doesn’t mean it should be published

You're 100% right. I agree with everything you're saying. No doubt. It's offensive, deplorable, and unforgivable.

But it looks so cool! :cool:.

Back