• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Hurricane Debby

wtf is the GFS even doing

View attachment 149307
What The Hell Just Happened Reaction GIF

You really think there's enough time for a Cat 5 between now and Monday morning ?
Reed Timmer: Tropical Storm Debby seems to be organizing well ahead of schedule and is about to move over very warm 31-32 deg C water over the eastern Gulf of Mexico toward northwest Florida. This is such a familiar scenario

You really think there's enough time for a Cat 5 between now and Monday morning ?

If we have learned anything the last few seasons it's that lately when uninhibited these systems tend to rapidly organize...not a lot to prevent it from going boom....cat 5 is obviously unlikely but high end cat 3 should not surprise anyone.

wtf is the GFS even doing

View attachment 149307

Something that on record hasn’t happened in a pretty similar fashion from a storm crossing from NW FL since at least 1851. This would be so highly anomalous. But the last few GFS/Euro runs along with many ensemble members are still insisting on a NW turn back into the coast. Don’t bet on it but who’s to say that a first couldn’t occur. And Easy of 1950 had some resemblance.

I would say an inland track between Columbia and the coast (I95 middle ground) seems most likely right now. Even back my way we are expecting rainfall in the 3-5” range as of today

Back