• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Hotober

First cold front of the season coming through my area in south Louisiana tomorrow afternoon! I agree with many posting here. It's not perfect fall weather just yet, but highs in the mid 80s with low humidity sure beats the near century mark Augtober grade heat that's been grilling this region for the last several weeks. Bring on the changes, one front at a time.

First cold front of the season coming through my area in south Louisiana tomorrow afternoon! I agree with many posting here. It's not perfect fall weather just yet, but highs in the mid 80s with low humidity sure beats the near century mark Augtober grade heat that's been grilling this region for the last several weeks. Bring on the changes, one front at a time.

Anything is better than the endless 90s

GFS pretty much kills the front for next weekend. Minimal moisture makes it east of Alabama. We will have to settle for upper 50’s in ATL for overnight lows. Could be worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GFS pretty much kills the front for next weekend. Minimal moisture makes it east of Alabama. We will have to settle for upper 50’s in ATL for overnight lows. Could be worse.

Northern Georgia looks like mid 40s except for the heat island known as the ATL
b2db5db95458ce0a525ee85fcb807992.png

Northern Georgia looks like mid 40s except for the heat island known as the ATL
b2db5db95458ce0a525ee85fcb807992.png

I feel like this is the problem with these dry frontal passages. You almost need the rain to cool off the island.

Not always.
e1f52f5ed725b282cb003b6dfaf7d3cb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

585 dm at this time of the year would likely equate to low 80s, that typhoon could bring some record breaking warmth if things go right, but that’s a very long time

585 dm at this time of the year would likely equate to low 80s, that typhoon could bring some record breaking warmth if things go right, but that’s a very long time
The way this year is going, we could probably have ALL teleconnections be good, snd still burn.

We'll see if I can be a successful jinxer of warm things. I told my dad that unfortunately a recurving typhoon is going to lead to the pacific jet blasting most of the US with warm air and his answer was "they can't predict that far in advance".

In reality it might be too late even down this way for complete stupidity to happen. Although the average averages out to the upper 70s, I think the average high is still low 80s early in the month, but late in the month its on the line of low-mid 70s and I saw upper 70s to low 80s in the very long range.

If we don't see a dive however like 2018 and other recent years, this month is going to average out to dumb temperatures for October.

Yeah , this is a misconception

Yep and so is a +PNA, -NAO, MJO p8,1,2 or COD, record IOD, the SOI, Siberian snowpack, ENSO, etc, etc..... all I need is a cold front to lay down some fresh dry arctic air and a slp ride up the coast. And I couldn't give 2 poops in a pack house what causes it

Yep and so is a +PNA, -NAO, MJO p8,1,2 or COD, record IOD, the SOI, Siberian snowpack, ENSO, etc, etc..... all I need is a cold front to lay down some fresh dry arctic air and a slp ride up the coast. And I couldn't give 2 poops in a pack house what causes it
You know, all I'm asking for is a little "outside fire" weather. :cool:

Back