• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Learning Global Warming facts and fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hurricane Lorenzo just broke a record for furthest east cat 5. Rather disturbing trend with these monster storms and we’re just getting started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Next thing you know, there will be Hurricanesharknadoes, then the end is near!

And this is why I don’t like to post on this stupid thread. It was started by a denier for what?

And you are a alarmist. GAWX asked you simple questions you couldn’t answer. If people don’t side with you all you have is weak gabs. You are the one looking stupid. Now your turn.... gab me....

And you are a alarmist. GAWX asked you simple questions you couldn’t answer. If people don’t side with you all you have is weak gabs. You are the one looking stupid. Now your turn.... gab me....

Because its the same old tired arguments that make no sense and I don’t feel like answering. How in the hell would warming the planet several degrees be a good thing? More green? Fires are all over the Artic because its so warm and dry now. There’s nothing good about it.

Because its the same old tired arguments that make no sense and I don’t feel like answering. How in the hell would warming the planet several degrees be a good thing? More green? Fires are all over the Artic because its so warm and dry now. There’s nothing good about it.

I think we will survive, change happens. We will adapt. I’m sure in 50 or 100 years we will be arguing about it being too cold. We will see. unfortunately we all won’t be around to see it.

I said our civilization is if we let the climate spiral out of control.

63ad6ffb6621b6d4db21df14e3e74d6f.png

I said our civilization is if we let the climate spiral out of control.

63ad6ffb6621b6d4db21df14e3e74d6f.png

I think we will be ok. Y’all can go rally and push your opinions but I for one don’t want to try to control the climate. We die we die. Life goes on. If a asteroid come tomorrow and kills everyone then your fight will be worthless. My point is don’t get pissed because other don’t side with you. Do what you think you need to do and hope for the best.

Year after year we smash heat records. We hardly ever see cold records. Last September we thought it couldn't get worse, yet here we are again with the same poop. I'd be willing to bet we smash warmth records all throughout 2020 too with few cold records. I don't know what's causing it. But I know I hate it!

Some say it's getting snowier despite warming. I can see that and see that it will continue for northern latitudes. Even with warming they're still more than cold enough for snow and warmer air holds more moisture resulting in bigger storms.

But down here let's get real for a minute. All of our storms are borderline and always have been. How much more can we warm before snow becomes a thing of the past. Doesn't seem like it would take much even though as others have pointed out it's not a dropoff yet regardless of the the endless warmth we experience. But eventually any further warming will make it impossible to snow down here.

Year after year we smash heat records. We hardly ever see cold records. Last September we thought it couldn't get worse, yet here we are again with the same poop. I'd be willing to bet we smash warmth records all throughout 2020 too with few cold records. I don't know what's causing it. But I know I hate it!

Some say it's getting snowier despite warming. I can see that and see that it will continue for northern latitudes. Even with warming they're still more than cold enough for snow and warmer air holds more moisture resulting in bigger storms.

But down here let's get real for a minute. All of our storms are borderline and always have been. How much more can we warm before snow becomes a thing of the past. Doesn't seem like it would take much even though as others have pointed out it's not a dropoff yet regardless of the the endless warmth we experience. But eventually any further warming will make it impossible to snow down here.

Yeah it felt nasty outside at the fair last year. It’s always been comfortable before that.

I think we will be ok. Y’all can go rally and push your opinions but I for one don’t want to try to control the climate. We die we die. Life goes on. If a asteroid come tomorrow and kills everyone then your fight will be worthless. My point is don’t get pissed because other don’t side with you. Do what you think you need to do and hope for the best.

Yeah I hear ya. All we can do is elect the right people and hope for the best.

Cold ass rain ftw.

I'd like to point out that wild extremes either cold or warm can indicate some form of climate change.
We haven't been on this Earth long enough to know the truth, imo.

Measurements have gotten better, data has gotten better, and things are changing at the current moment, on the warmer side if the higher tech data is to be believed.

Here is something I always ask people who ask me if I believe in climate change:

"What if the tri-city tornadoes were to happen again in this day? Would we blame the super tornado outbreak on climate change because it does more damage and hurts many more people, or would we realize that more people exist, inflation has happened, and more buildings exist?"

I get a lot of thoughtful responses to that, but they all boil down to "not sure" at the end.

I'll add one more point:

If climate change wasn't a political issue, where it's agreed or not agreed upon based on your political affiliation, more progress could have been made.

Can someone tell me beyond a reasonable doubt, no, make that 100% guaranteed fact that 1k yrs ago we weren't going through the same heat cycle we are currently experiencing? Wait let me change that, the current extreme climate changes we are currently experiencing, because obviously it's not extreme heat everywhere (i.e.: northern Rockies)

I'd like to point out that wild extremes either cold or warm can indicate some form of climate change.
We haven't been on this Earth long enough to know the truth, imo.

Measurements have gotten better, data has gotten better, and things are changing at the current moment, on the warmer side if the higher tech data is to be believed.

Here is something I always ask people who ask me if I believe in climate change:

"What if the tri-city tornadoes were to happen again in this day? Would we blame the super tornado outbreak on climate change because it does more damage and hurts many more people, or would we realize that more people exist, inflation has happened, and more buildings exist?"

I get a lot of thoughtful responses to that, but they all boil down to "not sure" at the end.

I'll add one more point:

If climate change wasn't a political issue, where it's agreed or not agreed upon based on your political affiliation, more progress could have been made.

There is the rub. One side believes that we should embrace a strong centralized government response that forces changes onto the citizens of the United States and the world. The other side does not want to sacrifice more personal freedom to government control. Whether global climate change is occurring or not is really not the issue until you get to the question of what should be done about it. Historically, giving up your freedom to a centralized government has often resulted in millions of casualties and discarded lives. Whether that's in the name of man-made global climate change or population control or just flat out we don't like your kind, it's never good to embrace government over personal responsibility and freedom. I admit, it's unsettling to see so many people willing to give up liberty for perceived security. This never ends well.

There is the rub. One side believes that we should embrace a strong centralized government response that forces changes onto the citizens of the United States and the world. The other side does not want to sacrifice more personal freedom to government control. Whether global climate change is occurring or not is really not the issue until you get to the question of what should be done about it. Historically, giving up your freedom to a centralized government has often resulted in millions of casualties and discarded lives. Whether that's in the name of man-made global climate change or population control or just flat out we don't like your kind, it's never good to embrace government over personal responsibility and freedom. I admit, it's unsettling to see so many people willing to give up liberty for perceived security. This never ends well.
I agree with much of your post. But the sad reality is, the entire debate is largely a moot point. Who is right and who is wrong here doesn't really matter when it comes to practicality. If man is mostly responsible and irrevocable and life-threatening climate change is on its way, it will require a global response, if it's indeed not too late already. In other words, game over. Full stop. Why? Because there won't be a coordinated global effort. So that's it. On the other hand, if it is mostly natural, then assuming we could do anything, it would still require global coordination. Once again, we arrive at a solution that is the only one possible while simultaneously being impossible to arrive at. It's a fun debate -- who's right/who's wrong/who's responsible/who's loony. But that's all it is. Until and unless disaster is raining down upon the Earth, all this thing is is one big giant argument that makes people mad at each other...and maybe a learning experience. Hopefully, in the end, we will in fact all learn something.

I agree with much of your post. But the sad reality is, the entire debate is largely a moot point. Who is right and who is wrong here doesn't really matter when it comes to practicality. If man is mostly responsible and irrevocable and life-threatening climate change is on its way, it will require a global response, if it's indeed not too late already. In other words, game over. Full stop. Why? Because there won't be a coordinated global effort. So that's it. On the other hand, if it is mostly natural, then assuming we could do anything, it would still require global coordination. Once again, we arrive at a solution that is the only one possible while simultaneously being impossible to arrive at. It's a fun debate -- who's right/who's wrong/who's responsible/who's loony. But that's all it is. Until and unless disaster is raining down upon the Earth, all this thing is is one big giant argument that makes people mad at each other...and maybe a learning experience. Hopefully, in the end, we will in fact all learn something.
The world will cease to exist one day as we know it anyway but this is the wrong thread for that so..... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back