• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Learning Global Warming facts and fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's my thing too are we really going to warm at a linear rate unabated until civilization collapses, do we level off at some point, do we start to trend down? You can believe all of the hypothesis and statistical modeling you want but we don't know what true reaction we will get from the planet over time and maybe there is no reaction and things are just destroyed for good. I often wonder if the continued warming and increased moisture eventually spells the demise of the warming in a self destructive process. If we continue to increase atmospheric moisture do we eventually begin to see more snow at higher latitudes which which eventually begins to rebuild ice/snow cap and you tip the scale? I don't know, maybe I'm not looking into this deep enough

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

That would be a negative feedback which would pale in comparison to all the positive feedbacks kicking in. The only self correction thats going to happen is a collapse of civilization and starting over with what little population is left knowing never to touch fossil fuels again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When? You keep says we are all going to die. How soon if we don’t change our ways?

We should force everyone to eat Taco Bell 3 meals a day, that should make enough methane to power the planet forever! MAGA! Make America Gassy Again!???

When? You keep says we are all going to die. How soon if we don’t change our ways?

I have no idea. But if temps blow past 2C its pretty much a certainty as wars and famine and economic collapse destabilize it.

That would be a negative feedback which would pale in comparison to all the positive feedbacks kicking in. The only self correction thats going to happen is a collapse of civilization and starting over with what little population is left knowing never to touch fossil fuels again.

So on a percentage basis how much warming is currently man made versus natural variability

Mother Earth is going to show some tough love.

We could just convince NASA to deploy an array of solar shades in geostationary orbit between us and the sun. Enough to block out a small percentage of the sun's total incoming energy. That would probably reverse the trend, and it would probably be cheaper than some of the projects they are currently working on.

So on a percentage basis how much warming is currently man made versus natural variability

All of it. We would be cooling otherwise.

0295f1ceaef1d46e3d6ae7569d34a31f.jpg

I have no idea. But if temps blow past 2C its pretty much a certainty as wars and famine and economic collapse destabilize it.

And mass migration which is already happening.

We could just convince NASA to deploy an array of solar shades in geostationary orbit between us and the sun. Enough to block out a small percentage of the sun's total incoming energy. That would probably reverse the trend, and it would probably be cheaper than some of the projects they are currently working on.

Yeah that would work. Drastic measures is what we need. Once we get the CO2 levels back down then we could take them out of orbit.

Any advanced civilization is going to have complete control over their planet’s climate. Just like the ones playing cat and mouse with the Navy.

Yeah that would work. Drastic measures is what we need. Once we get the CO2 levels back down then we could take them out of orbit.

What would be worse than letting our planet slowly warm? Quickly cooling it of course! Yeah that would totally not destroy weather as we know it.

What would be worse than letting our planet slowly warm? Quickly cooling it of course! Yeah that would totally not destroy weather as we know it.
I think it’s common knowledge that a warmer earth can support more life than a frozen one. But all of this AGW fear has people thinking the earth will turn into molten lava ??‍♂️

That's my thing too are we really going to warm at a linear rate unabated until civilization collapses, do we level off at some point, do we start to trend down? You can believe all of the hypothesis and statistical modeling you want but we don't know what true reaction we will get from the planet over time and maybe there is no reaction and things are just destroyed for good. I often wonder if the continued warming and increased moisture eventually spells the demise of the warming in a self destructive process. If we continue to increase atmospheric moisture do we eventually begin to see more snow at higher latitudes which which eventually begins to rebuild ice/snow cap and you tip the scale? I don't know, maybe I'm not looking into this deep enough

History is replete with declarations, facts, and ideas that have succumbed to better understanding as society has progressed. Extracting blood was a commonplace practice to cure disease. The edge of the earth was the place where only dragons feared to tread. Anybody that can tell you the exact extent to which humans are impacting the planet and the exact long-term outcome of the warming taking place is 100% full of.....

The problem is that the Earth is near the inner edge of the Sun’s habitable zone so it wouldn’t take much to push it over the edge into a hothouse state.

The good news is for the Earth and not us is that once in a hothouse state the hydrological cycle would go into hyperdrive and pull the CO2 out of the air by the weathering of rocks with carbonic acid and sequestering it in the form of limestone on the ocean floor and in lakes eventually leveling off at about 250ppm.

Even if this amount of AGW related warming materializes, how do you know famine would increase? Increased CO2 is, by itself, good for plants. Some have suggested that that is responsible for increased greening on a global basis. In addition, a warmer globe means longer growing seasons and the ability to grow crops further north.

Another thing to consider is that extreme cold has supposedly killed more folks than extreme heat.

My point is that not all effects of AGW are/will be bad and famine, itself, may be lessened rather than increased. There are mixed results like with most things. I’m not saying I want it though.

Even if this amount of AGW related warming materializes, how do you know famine would increase? Increased CO2 is, by itself, good for plants. Some have suggested that that is responsible for increased greening on a global basis. In addition, a warmer globe means longer growing seasons and the ability to grow crops further north.

Another thing to consider is that extreme cold has supposedly killed more folks than extreme heat.

My point is that not all effects of AGW are/will be bad and famine, itself, may be lessened rather than increased. There are mixed results like with most things. I’m not saying I want it though.
You put the nail in the "I just want" coffin, Larry. Such a great post! Thanks! -- Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back