• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Learning Global Warming facts and fiction

BHS1975

Supporter
Reaction score

BHS1975

Supporter
Reaction score
And another flooding event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And another

BHS1975

Supporter
Reaction score
The atmosphere is totally different now so the weather won't be the same.

Bham 99

Reaction score
Please don’t tell me you came in here trying to deny climate change right now 😂
I'm definitely not denying climate change but I'm also acknowledging cycles.. I saw a comment earlier where we could be 75 degrees for our average high temperature in January in 50 years.. that couldn't be farther from the truth.. all scientific research that I've seen says we will only be about 3 to 5 degrees warmer possibly at the most in 50 years.

Lickwx

Catchin Bass and Grabbin Ass
Reaction score
I'm definitely not denying climate change but I'm also acknowledging cycles.. I saw a comment earlier where we could be 75 degrees for our average high temperature in January in 50 years.. that couldn't be farther from the truth.. all scientific research that I've seen says we will only be about 3 to 5 degrees warmer possibly at the most in 50 years.
Ooof . That’s enough to make Raleigh warmer than CAE and Wilmington warmer than savannah . 5 degrees . Idk I just don’t see us warming like that , this decade will prove it .

superjames1992

Rates Will Overcome All
Reaction score
LOL I just love to joke about it and exaggerate in the whamby thread. I don’t for a moment believe our climate is going to be like Tampa’s in 50 years, haha.

Bham 99

Reaction score
LOL I just love to joke about it and exaggerate in the whamby thread. I don’t for a moment believe our climate is going to be like Tampa’s in 50 years, haha.
I couldn't even remember where I saw that or who posted it. Lol. That's what I get for trying to work and read comments on this site at the same time.

Last edited:

BHS1975

Supporter
Reaction score

Very obvious that FL is roasting now.

NoSnowATL

Reaction score

Very obvious that FL is roasting now.

I wish. It’s been a cool Spring for the panhandle. I had to wear pants last week walking the beach.

J.C.

Reaction score
Has anyone looked at the new normals yet?
https://www.ncei.noaa.gov/access/us-climate-normals/

KATL (July over 90 now)
Capture.JPG
Peachtree-Dekalb Airport (Pretty significant difference from one side of the city to the other)
1620261859901.png
Allatoona Dam (northern burbs)
1620261989711.png
Dallas, GA (northwest location has always done as good a job as KATL with their snowfall data)
1620262353209.png

Lickwx

Reaction score
Has anyone looked at the new normals yet?
https://www.ncei.noaa.gov/access/us-climate-normals/

KATL (July over 90 now)
View attachment 83292
Peachtree-Dekalb Airport (Pretty significant difference from one side of the city to the other)
View attachment 83296
Allatoona Dam (northern burbs)
View attachment 83297
Ive been posting a lot about them the last couple of days! Peachtree looks identical to raleigh lol, though i think Raleighs hotter summers would give us the higher annual mean. As for KATL that UHI is immense! 54/36 in jan? Not even the coastal regions have diurnals that small! Charlotte now has july over 90 as well, Raleigh had july over 90 in the 81-10 norms, now its very close to 91. Post Augusta if you get the chance, the July avg there is terrifying, almost 95!

J.C.

Reaction score
Ive been posting a lot about them the last couple of days! Peachtree looks identical to raleigh lol, though i think Raleighs hotter summers would give us the higher annual mean. As for KATL that UHI is immense! 54/36 in jan? Not even the coastal regions have diurnals that small! Charlotte now has july over 90 as well, Raleigh had july over 90 in the 81-10 norms, now its very close to 91. Post Augusta if you get the chance, the July avg there is terrifying, almost 95!
Here is the deal with the small variation in Atlanta temps, the elevation keeps the temps normal during the day, but the intense urban heat island keeps the lows up tremendously, especially being surrounded by a massive airport and massive interstates on each side. Peachtree airport is pretty accurate for our area.

Here is Augusta, just brutal.
1620262679604.png
RDU
1620262767376.png

Lickwx

Reaction score
Here is the deal with the small variation in Atlanta temps, the elevation keeps the temps normal during the day, but the intense urban heat island keeps the lows up tremendously, especially being surrounded by a massive airport and massive interstates on each side. Peachtree airport is pretty accurate for our area.

View attachment 83301
RDU
View attachment 83302
Kind of funny considering how wet this winter was but precip wise the only 3 months that got drier at RDU were Jan,Feb , and March. Although I think Jan precip days using the .01 cm threshold went up, not sure about the other 2 months.

BHS1975

Supporter
Reaction score

View attachment 83301
RDU
View attachment 83302
Man that's a big jump. I remember when RDU had 89 for July and 49 for Jan avg highs.

Lickwx

Reaction score
Jesus waycross is hot, only 5 months of the year have sub 80 degree highs! Compare that to raleigh where only 5 months have greater than 80 degree highs but only 5 have sub 70 degree highs!