• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Learning Global Warming facts and fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than making us engage in self loathing and guilt, what are the reasons that politicians, media figure heads, and activists continually tell us that we're bumping up the thermostat on the Earth? I mean, even if it could be proven, how is this actionable? Regardless of who or what is behind the climate changes, shouldn't we as humans do what we've always done - adapt to the changes?

We can only adapt so much. A 4C rise in temps would be deadly during the summer for much of the planet outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeap global warming can cause extreme snow storms too from the high amplitude pattern. But as temps warm further melting all the Artic ice and warming up the Arctic Ocean dramatically even these types of storms will just be heavy rain storms.

Man globull warming is amazing , jack of all trades . It causes cold , hot , snow , rain, drought ... all this time I thought it was just good old weather and the sun , sky, and ocean ... turns out it’s globull warming running the show all along! Man wonder if globull warming can help 50 year old men with erectile dysfunction , help Donald trump win the presidency , and help the Panthers come back! Globull warming , putting that on my resume for sure!

Follow the money. Just watch the big money and it will lead you to the truth. It really is that simple.

Yeah they are going to be building there multimillion dollar survival shelters for when the sh*t hits the fan and the rest us suffers and dies.

Let’s pretend AGW is real for a second. The most ridiculous part of the whole thing is the idea that we can control it with tax. But only if we act now. It’s just hard to wrap my giant brain around
Sounds like a Ponzi scheme lol! Another get rich quick infomercial , or wonderful new revolutionizing product that we can get for the low low price of 399, but only if we act now!

cd0e93f1fc07d1069e17dd7e0377e738.jpg

It’s been warmer and colder in the past.

I tend to side with this.

I've researched this the harder way and you can crazily enough even seen this if you look deep into the past of your weather stations. If you're in the 70s and 80s, you can see much cooler temps, but if you can reach back to the 50s and maybe even earlier than that, you'll see some warmer years even then. We're just in a warmer period that's going to last a long time. It definitely stinks.

Climate change is real but it's also happened in the past and can be controlled by significant events happening on Earth. It's also a guess of how much of it is is affected by CO2 and man made ways by statistical models though.

Sounds like a Ponzi scheme lol! Another get rich quick infomercial , or wonderful new revolutionizing product that we can get for the low low price of 399, but only if we act now!

Sounds like your ignoring the science which has overwhelming evidence that we are causing the warming with carbon emission dwarfing all natural sources at least until the feedbacks take over.

I tend to side with this.

I've researched this the harder way and you can crazily enough even seen this if you look deep into the past of your weather stations. If you're in the 70s and 80s, you can see much cooler temps, but if you can reach back to the 50s and maybe even earlier than that, you'll see some warmer years even then. We're just in a warmer period that's going to last a long time. It definitely stinks.

Climate change is real but it's also happened in the past and can be controlled by significant events happening on Earth. It's also a guess of how much of it is is affected by CO2 and man made ways by statistical models though.

Lol it doesn’t have any temps on the y axis.

Let’s pretend AGW is real for a second. The most ridiculous part of the whole thing is the idea that we can control it with tax. But only if we act now. It’s just hard to wrap my giant brain around
Shhhhhhh! Jimmy, if the government learns about taxing heat.... lookout

Believing GW or not doesn't change the fact that the late 90s super nino upset what was a long term base state pattern that favored an eastern trough and reversed height anomalies in many months. Additionally AAM has been generally low for a good part of the time that I have been doing this.

To me we in the SE are in the midst of a warmer decadal cycle regardless of the overall climate that will eventually reverse, again, regardless of climate.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Believing GW or not doesn't change the fact that the late 90s super nino upset what was a long term base state pattern that favored an eastern trough and reversed height anomalies in many months. Additionally AAM has been generally low for a good part of the time that I have been doing this.

To me we in the SE are in the midst of a warmer decadal cycle regardless of the overall climate that will eventually reverse, again, regardless of climate.

And by the time it does reverse the climate will have warmed enough to cancel any cooling effect and then some.

And by the time it does reverse the climate will have warmed enough to cancel any cooling effect and then some.

We get it.... you believe we are all going to die! Now, spend that energy telling us what we can reasonably and affordably do about it.... Do you still fill up your gas tank when it is empty? Do you have a back-up generator at home? How do you heat your home? Do you enjoy the air conditioning while you shop at your local supermarket? How do you cook your meals? All these common comforts leave a carbon footprint.

We get it.... you believe we are all going to die! Now, spend that energy telling us what we can reasonably and affordably do about it.... Do you still fill up your gas tank when it is empty? Do you have a back-up generator at home? How do you heat your home? Do you enjoy the air conditioning while you shop at your local supermarket? How do you cook your meals? All these common comforts leave a carbon footprint.
People can learn to reduce, recycle, reuse. Use less oil, public transportation, renewable fuels, drive less, lower thermostat in winter, raise in summer.

People can learn to reduce, recycle, reuse. Use less oil, public transportation, renewable fuels, drive less, lower thermostat in winter, raise in summer.
We should individually do the best we can to take care of our world, but the reality is, the world is constructed in such a way that the average person necessarily consumes energy. Until and unless renewable energy is ubiquitous, there is very little that the average person will do that will move the needle all that much. You're simply delusional if you think enough action is going to be undertaken to even slightly make a difference, especially if it really truly is a fact that we are rapidly hurling toward the point of no return. I don't believe that, but many do. And the really sucky thing about it is, if it really is true, then there is absolutely nothing that will keep us from going over the cliff...whatever that really means.

So, if you accept the premise of climate change, then the bottom line is binary: Climate change is natural and we're going to have to adapt, OR climate change is entirely man made and we're going to have to adapt. And that's it.

We should individually do the best we can to take care of our world, but the reality is, the world is constructed in such a way that the average person necessarily consumes energy. Until and unless renewable energy is ubiquitous, there is very little that the average person will do that will move the needle all that much. You're simply delusional if you think enough action is going to be undertaken to even slightly make a difference, especially if it really truly is a fact that we are rapidly hurling toward the point of no return. I don't believe that, but many do. And the really sucky thing about it is, if it really is true, then there is absolutely nothing that will keep us from going over the cliff...whatever that really means.

So, if you accept the premise of climate change, then the bottom line is binary: Climate change is natural and we're going to have to adapt, OR climate change is entirely man made and we're going to have to adapt. And that's it.
That's my thing too are we really going to warm at a linear rate unabated until civilization collapses, do we level off at some point, do we start to trend down? You can believe all of the hypothesis and statistical modeling you want but we don't know what true reaction we will get from the planet over time and maybe there is no reaction and things are just destroyed for good. I often wonder if the continued warming and increased moisture eventually spells the demise of the warming in a self destructive process. If we continue to increase atmospheric moisture do we eventually begin to see more snow at higher latitudes which which eventually begins to rebuild ice/snow cap and you tip the scale? I don't know, maybe I'm not looking into this deep enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back