• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Learning Global Warming facts and fiction

GaWx

Supporter
Reaction score
AGW is absolutely the cause of more extreme weather events as they wouldn’t have occurred when they did in an unmodified atmosphere and cryosphere and the greening has no benefit as the plants grow faster and have less nutritional content because of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bullsh*t

BHS1975

Supporter
Reaction score
How is the bullsh*t? If you change the climate you change the weather as well so since the climate is now different than years past the possible extremes are different.

BHS1975

Supporter
Reaction score
A warmer climate will have more extreme heat and more extreme rainfall as the atmosphere has more water loading and more heat also means more energy in the system for storms to tap into.

BHS1975

Supporter
Reaction score
It’s really not hard to understand but folks just want to ignore it to keep the status quo.

GaWx

Supporter
Reaction score
How is the bullsh*t? If you change the climate you change the weather as well so since the climate is now different than years past the possible extremes are different.

The BS is in having proof that practically every extreme event is tied to GW/Climate Change. You do realize that the source you used is highly partisan and is stating that it is trying to get folks to vote for Biden, right? When politics enters, you can be sure that objectivity is out the door.

What about the fact that total US tornadoes are down this past decade? Why not count that, too?

I'm saying this even though I didn't vote for Trump in 2016 and won't in 2020. But I can still see far left winged political bias in this.

Downeastnc

Reaction score
The BS is in having proof that practically every extreme event is tied to GW/Climate Change. You do realize that the source you used is highly partisan and is stating that it is trying to get folks to vote for Biden, right? When politics enters, you can be sure that objectivity is out the door.

What about the fact that total US tornadoes are down this past decade? Why not count that, too?

I'm saying this even though I didn't vote for Trump in 2016 and won't in 2020. But I can still see far left winged political bias in this.
Solid post, I too believe man using fossil fuels is 100% having a direct impact on the warming we are seeing........however those articles are trash and impossible to validate.....the weather now is not more extreme we simply do not have the reliable data to compare todays "extreme" events with past events.....in todays world of internet and instant access to anyone at anytime anywhere in the world we hear of weather events no one would have ever heard of even 20-30 yrs ago much less 50-100 and beyond...

Last edited:

BHS1975

Supporter
Reaction score
Solid post, I too believe man using fossil fuels is 100% having a direct impact on the warming we are seeing........however those articles are trash and impossible to validate.....the weather now is not more extreme we simply do not have the reliable data to compare todays "extreme" events with past events.....in todays world of internet and instant access to anyone at anytime anywhere in the world we hear of weather events no one would have ever heard of even 20-30 yrs ago much less 50-100 and beyond...
There’s no control in this experiment which would be an Earth without a modified atmosphere so all we have is models which are saying more extremes in heat and precipitation as the planet warms which is matching observations.

BHS1975

Supporter
Reaction score
Usually whatever is driving fear in people no matter what political side is usually the wrong and deceiving side.
Oh so the fossil fuel companies downplaying the issue for decades is ok then?

BHS1975

Supporter
Reaction score
It all goes back to who you put your trust in.
I put my trust in the scientists that have many peer reviewed papers on the subject like Micheal Mann for example. He’s a very good speaker.

Lickwx

Catchin Bass and Grabbin Ass
Reaction score
Isn’t Michael man the one with the super discredited hockey stick graph....

BHS1975

Supporter
Reaction score

Lickwx

Catchin Bass and Grabbin Ass
Reaction score
It's really ashame most records only go back 150 years or so. Be nice to know what the weather was like imby Oct. 2, 1365
I’d wager the temperature was 76 degrees with a slight SW wind . Dewpoint was 52 degrees , skies were clear and the low was 50 degrees.

Reaction score
Actually both Michael Mann's should team up and do a sequel to Heat.. and Call it, Anthropogenic Heat.

Reaction score
It's always these argumentative crows that try to pierce holes in pure data. For one thing, Urban Heat Island effects are actually a part of AGW., sure. But UHI alone is used with bad faith by denialists as proof for decadal warming region by region. And if that doesn't work, they resort to 'data fudging' conspiracy theories.

Last edited: