• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Learning Global Warming facts and fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a taste of global warming....Montana today!
View attachment 24117

The super hot blob of ocean water in the pacific is what caused the jet stream to buckle way north and back down in the nw bringing the cold. You are conveniently ignoring the weeks long heatwave in the south shattering records. Thats why this thread sucks. Full of deniers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the giant meteor that hit the Yucatán started global warming, after the 2-3 years without a summer, before then , it was all the dinosaurs farts! It’s always something

Post of the year! And what the people need to see! Weather is cyclical, and 1000 years from now, could easily be a mini ice age!

Oh so they can ignore the problem and keep pumping ever increasing CO2 into the atmosphere wreaking the climate?

Here we go with the same old tired denier and disproven arguments that totally ignore science.

Let me guess, evolution didn’t happen?? God just plopped a few humans on earth???

What that has me concerned the most is the arctic sea ice. I have been following it since the early 2000's. It's troubling to say the least. Now, is it just a cycle or a product of atmospheric forcing? I will say this.....it will take a decade or more of perfect "reverse dipole" patterns for the ice to return to normal.
In the 1960's and 1970's we introduced aerosols into the atmosphere at an alarming rate. We are all aware that aerosols cool the atmosphere by allowing heat to escape. What happened to our climate in the 1960's? .... The atmosphere cooled, and we outlawed those gases (due to ozone depletion). Years later, the atmosphere responded and has, for the most part, returned to the pre-1960's era with regards to aerosols.
Now, I consider myself a fairly well educated man, (degree in electrical engineering) and I am well aware of all the CO2 greenhouse calculations. It is my opinion that the increase in CO2 has effectively altered the patterns that have been dominant for so many years. Do I believe all the data hype?.... Absolutely not. Do I think that we should all go build underground bunkers for the coming apocalypse?....Nope. Bottom line, there will always be change and we as a species will adapt to it. Everyone wants to yell and scream about climate change, when in reality, our current world cannot swallow the financial burden of a world without fossil fuels. The trick will be to find a way to eliminate CO2 in combustion exhaust streams. The company that is able to do that on an affordable scale, will be the next Bill Gates.

The super hot blob of ocean water in the pacific is what caused the jet stream to buckle way north and back down in the nw bringing the cold. You are conveniently ignoring the weeks long heatwave in the south shattering records. Thats why this thread sucks. Full of deniers.

Except your ignoring the fact that despite all this “ globull warming “ that September 1925 smokes this current September in how hot it was .... one winter back in the 1800s.1889-1890 to be specific , Raleigh averages all three winter months with highs over 60. Last time that happened was in the 30s. 1900-1960 is a time of stability , longer growing seasons , and milder mean lows in Raleigh but 1960-2019 has been a time of wacky weather, record cold , and lots of snow ... oh and shorter growing seasons

Look at this huge ridge going all the way across the arctic. No wonder its cold in one tiny corner of the high mountain west.

f8eedfa0fcb4275653d851c1554cb371.jpg

So, in my observations of local, regional, and global atmospheric patterns, there seems to be a trend toward weather systems slowing up. Ridges seem to be tougher, low pressures seem to be stronger, and patterns in general get set on repeat. How much of these patterns are due to long term climate trends and how much are influenced by man's activities, to me, seems unclear.

The problem with the arguments about CO2 seems to be that as much as mankind has been producing in that area, we just aren't outputting near the amount that other non-human systems are producing, such as volcanoes. We must not forget in this discussion that Earth has some built in systems for dealing with excess carbon dioxide. One good way is through vegetation. This is why I've always been a supporter of forest renewal.

And look at that huge anomaly over Greenland melting that ice like crazy. I hope you don’t have any beach front property.

Look at this huge ridge going all the way across the arctic. No wonder its cold in one tiny corner of the high mountain west.

f8eedfa0fcb4275653d851c1554cb371.jpg

That's a preview of our winter pattern. Massive blocking and still torch from our old buddy the SER.

Other than making us engage in self loathing and guilt, what are the reasons that politicians, media figure heads, and activists continually tell us that we're bumping up the thermostat on the Earth? I mean, even if it could be proven, how is this actionable? Regardless of who or what is behind the climate changes, shouldn't we as humans do what we've always done - adapt to the changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back